Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

I see why people are frustrated that it seems the backlog is not given priority, but also try and look at it like this....

If the backlog mail was given full priority, then the recent mail would have to get pushed back, causing that to be delayed also, then it would just "snowball" and even more recently posted stuff would get pushed back and delayed!

Maybe they're keeping the most recent post moving to keep the delivery speed as good as it can be and adding the backlogged stuff to it as they go along.

And before anyone asks, I'm not an envoy for Royal Fail and I am also waiting for stuff. It's just a thought....... :D

Is there still a back log of post as I have only been getting 1 letter a day and thought id have had more. Must just be unpopular!

I think it's great all this backlog....got a card through on Saturday, went in Tuesday to collect and apparently it's still not back, thought I'd try again today and again, it's still not back, I'm sure it says 72 hrs not 72 days....This is also the Central office on Pond street that apparently isn't having any problems?

Now we had a few fresh flakes posties will be back in the office keeping warm. So expect bigger delays and xmas post around the spring melt in March.

I went to collect a parcel from the Woodseats office this morning. Some people were very rude to the staff. One moron kept saying "This isn't acceptable!" over and over, as if he expected the staff to make his parcel appear from thin air. I really feel for the front line staff. They seem to be getting it in the neck.

I'm a postie and believe me I want to get peoples packets (parcels) out there but without sounding sarcastic it actually would be easier to find a needle in a haystack That is not a joke !! There's nothing your postie or even your local office can do as there's only so many hours in a day and so much man power royal mail can provide plus we can only take so much out with us......... Unfortunatly there's going to be some very dissapointed people this Xmas and especially if it snows anything a heavier than we've had today. Also as has been posted before DHL TNT Etc Have been hit even worse by the backlog as they couldn't get down side roads with the vans..... Solutions seem to be in demand but nobody has any !!

It's not only the Royal Mail service that's having problems. I've got £300 of wine that I ordered on 30th November that's not turned up yet. Home Delivery Network attempted to deliver it on 7th December.

Now on the 16th they've still not delivered it. It's in their warehouse in Chesterfield.

At least 9 days late for the few days snow problems is, in my opinion, a joke.

Let us know when it comes and I'll come round with the cheese board!

I'm a postie and believe me I want to get peoples packets (parcels) out there but without sounding sarcastic it actually would be easier to find a needle in a haystack That is not a joke !! There's nothing your postie or even your local office can do as there's only so many hours in a day and so much man power royal mail can provide plus we can only take so much out with us......... Unfortunatly there's going to be some very dissapointed people this Xmas and especially if it snows anything a heavier than we've had today. Also as has been posted before DHL TNT Etc Have been hit even worse by the backlog as they couldn't get down side roads with the vans..... Solutions seem to be in demand but nobody has any !!

No wonder there is backlog, today I received junk mail for the previous resident at my address. If Royal Mail could tell me where my delayed mail is in the area then I would gladly go and collect it myself to save them a job!

Regarding DHL I had a package delayed slightly by the heavy snowfall. I think I received it just 3 or 4 days later than expected and it had full tracking online showing where it was in the system.

Sh2006.

Edited by Sheff2006

Makes you wonder how we managed in 81 or the severe winters at the end of 70's.

Not our fault your organisation is a disorganised mess we're the customers and it's up to you lot to provide us with a service and sort it out.

Apparently 20 customers on the bounce had lost parcels at the Woodseats post office. No wonder some got annoyed.

DHL managed to deliver after a slight delay beating the post service s8 by quite few days.

I went to collect a parcel from the Woodseats office this morning. Some people were very rude to the staff. One moron kept saying "This isn't acceptable!" over and over, as if he expected the staff to make his parcel appear from thin air. I really feel for the front line staff. They seem to be getting it in the neck.

He's right it isn't acceptable and as front line staff you expect to take the rough with the smooth they are representing the company.

So he's isn't a moron he's a customer expecting a service and isn't been given an acceptable excuse for the delay.

If he started effing and blinding than thats a slightly different story.

Where is the management hiding they should be out there taking the flak. Too scared I bet.