Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

Had a couple of packages from HMV this morning which were ordered and despatched last week.

Still waiting for a package from Play that was posted at the end of November though...

Hi guys my parcel was dispatched on the 7th dec and still waiting, it's a present for my son, anyway can anyone give me the no for the pond street office the one I have is automated and gives you no way to talk to anyone thanks

Hi guys my parcel was dispatched on the 7th dec and still waiting, it's a present for my son, anyway can anyone give me the no for the pond street office the one I have is automated and gives you no way to talk to anyone thanks

I'm feelin it too, One on the 7th, one on the 6th and still believe it or not waiting for one that was dispatched on the 30th Nov.

But got one that was sent only last Tuesday today, god only knows the order in which they are prioritising stuff?

And good luck with Pond street, if you have missed anything recently chances are it's elsewhere in the country like mine, they certainly don't have it where they've asked me to pick it up from over a week ago. :huh:

I'm also still waiting for my play.com orders from 30/11. From tomorrow I can request a replacement or refund but it's too late for Christmas.

Amazon replaced my order on 15th December and that arrived today. No sign of the original from the beginning of the month though.

I also have a parcel out for redelivery today....no idea if I'll ever see it again! :(

I'm also still waiting for my play.com orders from 30/11. From tomorrow I can request a replacement or refund but it's too late for Christmas.

Amazon replaced my order on 15th December and that arrived today. No sign of the original from the beginning of the month though.

I also have a parcel out for redelivery today....no idea if I'll ever see it again! :(

Probably not....the one they attempted last Saturday was booked for re-delivery Friday just gone, still no sign of it....and by me asking for it has probably knocked it back to the middle of nowhere in the deep blue hole that is royal mail.

Probably not....the one they attempted last Saturday was booked for re-delivery Friday just gone, still no sign of it....and by me asking for it has probably knocked it back to the middle of nowhere in the deep blue hole that is royal mail.

This is what I feared. Even if I go to the depo (Tapton) I doubt they'll be able to locate it. I had it deliverd to work initially as they always come mid-afternoon when someone is about....typically a card was found through the door at 8:30am. :rolleyes:

Its all basically due to a mix of weather and the time of year(Christmas), I've picked up my own post before as long as you take ID they don't seem to mind.

I think postmen do a bloody good job all things considered.

Gwyneth which sorting office do you have to go to???

The one on Pond Street

Its all basically due to a mix of weather and the time of year(Christmas), I've picked up my own post before as long as you take ID they don't seem to mind.

I think postmen do a bloody good job all things considered.

If only that were the case, I've been down almost everyday once the 72hrs had expired and still no sign of it.

Had 2 deliveries by posties on foot this afternoon (letters only) 15 mins apart! yes 2 different postpersons. Recently posted items not delayed ones

My husbands been going to the Pond Street Depot for a parcel everyday for the last week for a parcel that was delivered when we werent in. You have to give them 72 hours for your parcel to get back to the depot, then you go down with a card that they post through your letterbox to collect it. Sounds fairly straight forward you'd think......no....my husbands been told the parcels not back yet, it might have been transferred to a depot in Leeds (?????) and that if the parcel is ever delivered, if its broken, theyre no liable and its a waste of time calling at the depots every day (the parcels will arrive as soon as possible, but no one has any idea when).

Im suprised that theres not been some major trouble at the Pond Street Depot, one of the times when my hubby was there, a man was fuming, shouting and swearing at the staff there because he was waiting for loads of on line shopping arriving for his kids, and was threatening allsorts.

Just adds to the stress of Christmas :(