Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

One of the packages my friend ordered has finally arrived - SMASHED TO PIECES!!

Thank you, Royal Mail. Great job.

No mail but one unexpected comp win for the dog at least she gets some treats this christmas

Item FD262758025GB arrived at Preston Mail Centre on the 2010-12-05 and we are currently processing it.

That doesn't sound right. It's probably being held there (or somewhere) until Sheffield are ready to accept some deferred mail.

That doesn't sound right. It's probably being held there (or somewhere) until Sheffield are ready to accept some deferred mail.

It was sent from Liverpool on dec 3rd, first class, so I'm assuming thats whats happening!

I've just found a "We tried to deliver..." card on my doormat dated 19/12/10 at 10:20.

Needless to say I've been at home all morning and they obviously DIDN'T try to deliver! I live in a small flat so there's no way I wouldn't have heard the postperson knock or ring the doorbell (and I've checked that the doorbell is working too!).

Sorry Royal Mail, but you're not doing yourselves any favours with stunts like that!

so you're saying that he has come to your house and rather give you the parcel, he has opted to take it back and put you a card through instead?:loopy: or are you going to say that he didn't bring your parcel just the card? if he's coming anyway, why would he not bring the parcel?:huh:

methinks you was still in bed!

or it never left the depo and they're just posting these cards.

Anyway had one parcel delivered so it looks like they're beginning to make an effort in the s8 area at long last.

so you're saying that he has come to your house and rather give you the parcel, he has opted to take it back and put you a card through instead?:loopy: or are you going to say that he didn't bring your parcel just the card? if he's coming anyway, why would he not bring the parcel?:huh:

Unlikely, but that was my idea for clearing the backlog.

Sort the parcels in the DO, give each 1 a unique number, post a card out to the recipient with their normal mail, they collect from the DO asap (no waiting 72 hours for it to be returned to the DO). The posties responsible for delivering the parcels normally could be used for sorting the parcels and providing extra man hours on the counter for better service / longer opening hours.

Edited by yorkiepudd
More info

Don't be so quick to dismiss that story, this has happend to me a few times.

I've been in, up and awake, post has come and just stuck "We tried to deliver.." card through the door with it, no obvious attempt made to deliver the items.

I've made a complaint to Royal Mail about this but, as I expected, nothing came of it.

I would like to add, for me this is NOTHING to do with the current crazy weather, all respect to the posties out and about in it at the moment. The non-delivery issue happend earlier in the year.

:hihi: I think they get used to the times you are not in as I've had to chase after my postie after they pushed the leaflet though the door when I have been in and they clearly have not knocked nor rang the bell as one time I was actually walking down stairs into the hall as they pushed it through after the letters had been oushed through! My dog does not bark for the post box but will bark if the door is knocked on or the bell goes so I can't really miss hearing someone at the door!

I suppose if you have to knock and stand at X amount of doors the time builds up though I would think filling in the form takes as long :hihi: I have a sneaky feeling they sometimes fill them in if they know your normally not around in the day though ;) and to be honest I can't blame them! I think they do a brilliant job generally.

well i can't speak for other offices but i know if i did that at ours i would be sacked!

Had 2 RM vans delivery today - 1 item from 1st Dec, one from early last week. Just missing 2 now really. RM are doing loads better than hermes, had something "out for delivery" with them since before the snow :/