Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

I actually won an ebay auction on dec 2nd, didnt pay until 7th, as i knew the seller probably couldnt dispatch straight away, and if they did, i wouldnt get it. I paid on the 7th, and it was here on 9th.

I've just called our local sorting office (Dinnington) regarding the parcels I'm still waiting for (despatched on 30 November) and got the response that they are first dealing with the items that have been received last and then after that the backlogged items that arrived during the snow!!! This is why we're receiving things that were only posted second class 2 days ago, and yet first class items from November may not be delivered until after Christmas!! Who's ridiculous idea was that??

I give up on post for today. Snow forecast tomorrow, so I guess thats it now. And when they do get back to doing it, it will be under even more backlog. Nice one

Just as I thought! Thanks for updating on the Dinnington situation. I don't understand that decision either because our postie has hardly anything to post now. It's a joke, he could be out getting rid of some of that backlog. So we're awaiting a dozen or so items ordered before the snow. Basically, if you were organised and ordered your xmas presents before the bad weather you won't get them in time for xmas :mad:

I've just called our local sorting office (Dinnington) regarding the parcels I'm still waiting for (despatched on 30 November) and got the response that they are first dealing with the items that have been received last and then after that the backlogged items that arrived during the snow!!! This is why we're receiving things that were only posted second class 2 days ago, and yet first class items from November may not be delivered until after Christmas!! Who's ridiculous idea was that??

Just as I thought! Thanks for updating on the Dinnington situation. I don't understand that decision either because our postie has hardly anything to post now. It's a joke, he could be out getting rid of some of that backlog. So we're awaiting a dozen or so items ordered before the snow. Basically, if you were organised and ordered your xmas presents before the bad weather you won't get them in time for xmas :mad:

Its annoying enough knowing that they've still got my first class parcels from 30 November, but to top it off today I received a Christmas card that was posted SECOND CLASS yesterday from Rotherham!!! What an absolute farce our postal system is!

Its annoying enough knowing that they've still got my first class parcels from 30 November, but to top it off today I received a Christmas card that was posted SECOND CLASS yesterday from Rotherham!!! What an absolute farce our postal system is!

Sounds exactly the same postal predicament as mine!

Sh2006.

I'm getting cards sent from Sheffield postmarked 'Hull' :|

I got three seperate parcels at different times today, hopefully I'll finally get my girlfriends present tomorrow so I can go to my parents for Christmas. It's a race against time because I need to beat the snow so I can go on Snake Pass :gag:

I'm getting cards sent from Sheffield postmarked 'Hull' :|

If i told you the reasoning behind the Hull postmark you wouldn't believe me.

Due to the high volumes of mail (basically we cant cope), we divert some of the mail to be sorted in other regions, ie Hull/Donny where the volumes are not as high.