Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

I've had quite a few mugs that are from the same place, they are in a small square cardboard box with no packing. All of them apart from one has been broken, hardly suprising as one knock and they'd smash.

Yep, that's exactly what happened I think. Ridiculous packaging. I bet they get a lot of complaints and returns.

Dinnington. I'd be interested to hear what they have to say if you report back.

01909 568 077

does anyone know which sorting office receives post destined for swallownest/aston please and if so their tel number? Thanks
Edited by borg elite

Dinnington. I'd be interested to hear what they have to say if you report back.

Thanks for that,will be giving them a call tomorrow or Thursday if my parcels dont arrive by then. Will keep you 'posted'!

Royal Mail needs totally reorganising. I suggest that all parcels are held in a vast warehouse similar to an Argos store, you receive a card when you've got something slightly larger than a letterbox and then you go and get it from the sorting office. We used to have milk delivered, now we buy it in bulk from supermarkets, it's time the packet-based mail went the same way.

I have been waiting 2 and a half weeks for a small signed-for packet. They attempted on Sunday and I've left what I thought was enough time (3 days) to go and get it. STILL NOT BACK OFF THE VAN!

Woodseats collection office is the worst I've had to deal with. Restricted opening hours is the main complaint. I used to live in Rugby and the one there is open 7am to 7pm Mon to Fri and 7am to 2pm on Saturday. That should be the standard nationwide.

I shall think twice before using royal mail again.

Well an item I ordered last week arrived yesterday. Items posted at the end of November are still missing. I spoke to the postie and asked if it would be any good going down to the office to collect them. He said they wouldn't be able to find them so easily.

Also I pointed out that one is tracked first class and sent on the 6th December. Apparently they are not scanning tracked items when they are received in Sheffield (due to the massive amount they have), just when they are delivered so my item could be anywhere, all I know is it left the delivery office where it was posted from on the 6th!

However, I hope everyone claiming refunds for missing items is going to be honest enough to repay the money again when the parcels do arrive - somehow I doubt it though.

Half of me agrees with you but the other half thinks that if we all raise a missing item query with the stores we've purchased from and they in turn reclaim compensation from RM, it might give RM a kick up the behind and prompt the companies to rely more upon other couriers. As far as I can see, until it begins to cut into their profits RM management won't be in a hurry to learn some lessons from this.

Has anybody had any luck with parcel deliveries in Chapeltown yet? I live in S35 and am waiting for a few things from Play.com that were posted on the 6th. I know there’s been quite a backlog but am curious to know if anyone in my area has had any success with their deliveries yet?

Thanks in advance!

I had a few parcels yesterday, and another card today, wrong name, right address, and a different name from the one I got the other day! Neither are addressed to any of the previous 3 occupants either lol how weird.

No van delivery today as yet, but only waiting on around 40 things now (down from 100) :)

I got left 5 things from amazon and one from play.com for my neighbour yesterday, as he was out... if thats any help to anyone waiting for these sites (s8 )

I received 9 of my 11 packages yesterday, I'm in S8 and I am so unbelievably relieved.

Hope everyone else gets theirs soon too.

Im still waiting for Amazon and Hmv items in S20 - one of them from beginning of December. I can only assume they will never surface now so I think a claim may be my next option.

Does anyone know if the telephone number of Royal Mail Holbrook has changed? I must have tried a dozen times today on the number I have always used and it has gone to answerphone after one ring everytime.

Sh2006.

Edited by Sheff2006