Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

80+ packages!! No wonder the post is slow they're too busy sorting all your mail.

lol yes i know! Still waiting on stuff i bought a while before the snow started too. I received a nice few the other day that were for birthday gifts last month lol. It was 100 packages i was waiting for, 30 presents for each child, 20 for the bf, a few for my sisters bday (Nov 30th, bought on 19th) and a few i bought with my own birthday money.

i feel awful for my posties, i did get carried away lol x

I'm wondering if I need to start contacting the companies I am waiting for parcels from to see if they will send replacements. I've been putting it off thinking parcel deliveries should start again soon but it just doesn't seem to be happening.

I'm wondering if I need to start contacting the companies I am waiting for parcels from to see if they will send replacements. I've been putting it off thinking parcel deliveries should start again soon but it just doesn't seem to be happening.

I've been considering the same. One Im waiting for from the 19th is only 2 pandora charms. Probably a tiny letter sized packet. Unless they put off posting for a week then id say i should certainly have that by now.

Anyone had any parcels in S7? I've had one special delivery parcel on wednesday (which was over a week late, which is fair enough because of the snow) but not had any parcels since then. There is no snow outside anymore but probably more on the way. Do royal mail do extra deliveries on sunny days when they know more snow is on the way? Or is it still one random delivery a day?

Glad (not in a mean way) that others are waiting for Play.com items too.

I ordered from Amazon too and 1 parcel (ordered 2nd December) arrived on Tuesday but no sign of the items I ordered on 30th November.

Did, however, receive a delivery from a lady living nearby (totally different road name but same house number) - postman had delivered some CDs to her house, not mine. Lucky she was kind / honest enough to bring it round. Makes me wonder though if this could have happened to others - some people wouldn't be so good as that lady was.

I had 2 items dispatched from Play.com on 25th November and only have received 1 of them on Tuesday........ which is a bit worrying. Have emailed them and had the reply that I should receive a response within 24 hours.. but that was 2 days ago and nothing yet. :( Waiting for 3 weeks before reporting it or requesting a replacement/refund is going to be too late for Christmas so not sure what to do now.

I did with Amazon yesterday. Just called for one of mine and asked about the one missing from 1st Dec and bloke said had a large backlog and are going to try and deliver then in next couple of days. In the words of a mighty Royal- my arse! :hihi:

Edited by Rivelin6

I had 2 items dispatched from Play.com on 25th November and only have received 1 of them on Tuesday........ which is a bit worrying. Have emailed them and had the reply that I should receive a response within 24 hours.. but that was 2 days ago and nothing yet. :(Waiting for 3 weeks before reporting it or requesting a replacement/refund is going to be too late for Christmas so not sure what to do now.

Ask for a refund and buy elsewhere or something else and if it turns up in meantime pay for it again if you still want it. It's a lot of messing about but at least you have something.

Ask for a refund and buy elsewhere or something else and if it turns up in meantime pay for it again if you still want it. It's a lot of messing about but at least you have something.

yehah probably gonna have to do that.... seems incredible that so many people are missing stuff and the postie still has not been seen yesterday or today

well they did one on me when i joined!

Ah but the questions are 1,did you ever see it and get your copy ? 2,when did you start working for them ?

If you look on the Royal Mail website at the update for North of England it mentions the postcodes still being affected but the S postcode isn't even mentioned anymore. That should mean deliveries are back to normal here but they just don't seem to be. No post again today and no parcel deliveries since before the snow started.

I had post today first time for ages! i asked postie if he knew what the situation is with the parcels and he said that the posties are working tomorrow to get as many parcels out as they can they are getting paid extra 2! great... anyway hope this helps as he did say that there wa loads and loads of post and parcels ready to be delivered, he said if i dont receive any tomorrow which he said i should then it will be definately this week no later

I had post today first time for ages! i asked postie if he knew what the situation is with the parcels and he said that the posties are working tomorrow to get as many parcels out as they can they are getting paid extra 2! great... anyway hope this helps as he did say that there wa loads and loads of post and parcels ready to be delivered, he said if i dont receive any tomorrow which he said i should then it will be definately this week no later

Which area do you live in?