Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

I agree. It wouldn't be difficult to have a web page that was updated to say which areas wouldn't be having deliveries.

There is, check the Royal Mail twitter and sign up for the updates on the actual website which tells you which areas they are still having difficulties which is updated every day.

If I can't offer a service to my clients i am on the phone to explain when I can. Why is that crazy? I have got more info about expected delivery times from the sheffield forum than the royal mail website and phone lines combined. thats not right.

You only have to ask.

All the info you require is here

http://www.royalmail.com/serviceupdate/

or

keith.donohue@royalmail.com

or

020 7250 2468 (24 hour)

There is, check the Royal Mail twitter and sign up for the updates on the actual website which tells you which areas they are still having difficulties which is updated every day.

Thanks. I had a brief look yesterday but couldn't find anything. I've found it now.

i just rang royal mail depot they said all posties are off due to weather for health and safety reasons. strangely tho my sister has had a deliver from the postman

Explaining the difficulties etc :loopy:

LOOK outside

Yes I looked outside, dug out my car, got in my car, drove to Wakefield, swaped car for bread van, delivered to 11 stores around Sheffield estates every day, took the van back, got in the car, drove home. If you want a solution you can find one.:huh:

to be quite honest in s35 even when there is no snow, most the time my mail never turns up.or go's to the wrong house or just recently packages turn up half opened so despite having had no mail for 7 days the standed of my postman as improved 100% in this weather.

Yes I looked outside, dug out my car, got in my car, drove to Wakefield, swaped car for bread van, delivered to 11 stores around Sheffield estates every day, took the van back, got in the car, drove home. If you want a solution you can find one.:huh:

All on the road.

No icy pavements,steps covered in a foot of snow , paths or overgrown hedges to contend with.

I think it's great you got bread out to panic buyers but royal mail is a big concern and have to abide by H&S laws.

All the no win no fee ads scaring managment. I'm sure the postmen want to work and give it a go.

I don't blame the posties for not going out. Tough enough walking on the ice & slush nevermind whilst carrying a bag full of mail.

hi, ive not had any mail since tuesday, does anyone know if royal mail will be working saturday or monday?

I've received all my backlogged post today, we're in S5