Student Discounts

Matalan do 10% discount.

I got the NUS extra card and wish I saved the the £11 it cost me. The only place I've been that asked for that particular card was Superdrug.

4th post in and the arguing starts, ah sheffield forum you know its helpful.

oh noes they are taking the free ema's away, why cant the students get some free money while the economy grinds to a halt again. its just NOT fair

when i first left school and studied A Levels, the £30 a week i got in EMA helped me with travel costs, stationary and dinner money. It really did make a difference for me, being from a rather poor family.

Its not just money being thrown at students, its only for the poorer college students in the country that qualify. And you have to get a form signed by your tutor at the end of every class to get it, so if you dont attend, you dont get it.

Matalan do 10% discount.

I got the NUS extra card and wish I saved the the £11 it cost me. The only place I've been that asked for that particular card was Superdrug.

me too-they really made out like I needed it on induction day! I could have spent it on get drunk in the day and tossing it off rather than going to lectures*

*this is a joke before anyone gets on their tall pony!

what is the discount at the cinema, and is it a particular cinema?

I work danmed hard to get what i have got and find it a struggle sometimes. I do a part time course to better myself at my own expense. As well as work full time. Where can i get a discount? I want free healthcare, discounts in shops, i dont want to pay tax and i want cheap travel I only want to shower once a month and be in a place where no one will notice te stench. can any one point me in the direction of the nearest uni please unless you can suggest anywhere else.:rant:

As a sheffield resident we have to put up with all the mess that students leave .Don"t you think we should have discounts ......

As a sheffield resident we have to put up with all the mess that students leave .Don"t you think we should have discounts ......

Yeah, and while there at it take back all the money they spend on rent and with other local businesses too. Bloody students.

Matalan

Next

Brantano

Topshop

Jonny James!!

Theatre and cinema tickets can be cheaper sometimes too x

Good god. Why does everyone have it out for students? REALLY? i do voluntary work, I Help people as much as i god damn can. All i was asking was what shops do student discount. So can people please stop going of topic slagging students off!!!

the students havnt done themselves a lot of favours of late have they?

the students havnt done themselves a lot of favours of late have they?

But once again. that isn't ALL of us. its only the odd one or two. trust me if we all behaved like idiots i would understand. But it isnt. So i don't.

Ok a return to the orginal topic...places to get discount...

Most local non chain places like restaurants and hairdressers will offer

discount without NUS extra, although sometimes its limited to the week only.

I think all cinemas in the area do, whether you need that xtra card I'm not sure.

Oh weirdly Virgin Media offer student discount on their services!

I always look out for leaflets at college too-Wetherspoons are often there with voucher booklets.

Most tourist attractions do if your lucky enough to go somewhere...

Some places I'm just cheeky and ask!

Oh one final tip, its not a discount but make sure you register as a non tax payer on your bank accounts. If your lucky enough to have any savings it will help!