Burncross School..bit of a long shot but..

On the corner of Burncross Road and Bevan Way there used to be a stretch of wasteland with a manky stream running through it. As kids, we used to play there (mid 70s). Behind it was a derelict pig farm. All built over now.

Edited by kev21662
Spelling

I went to Burncross School 1984-1991. I loved that place! I want a picture of the outside, I know that there are a few limited edition drawings of it but can't get one :( There are pics of the outside in some of the Chapeltown & High Green history books.

I went to Burncross School 1984-1991. I loved that place!

Hi Claire! Chances are our paths will have crossed as judging by your dates, I was in the year below you! What a brilliant way to have started our lives at Burncross School hey?! :)

Hi, too right! What's your name? I surely must know who you are?!

Hi, too right! What's your name? I surely must know who you are?!

Back then my name was Berni Finnerty but now married! Other people in my class were Nicola Mason, Louise and Ian Salter, Jenny Rodgers, Kirsty Wright, Scott Gregory, Steven Davies, Karl Ley, Sarah Jeffries, Mark Nettleship, Mark Wainwright, Rebecca Mather, Abigail Cooper, Rachel Emery, Suzanne Brown, Lee Simonette, Gemma Deighton, Matthew Ashton, Darren Hulbert, Rachel Frost, David Kempton, Michelle Heeley, Martin Sayles. Those are the names I remember, i'm sure others will come back to me!

You would have been in the same class as Melissa Pearson who was my best buddy back then, although i've not seen her for years now! :)

What is/was your surname? :)

Yes, I do remember you! Me and Melissa were in the same class. Did you live on Charlton Brook? My name was Casson, well it is now again since I got divorced!

Yes, I do remember you! Me and Melissa were in the same class. Did you live on Charlton Brook? My name was Casson, well it is now again since I got divorced!

Yeah! I did indeed! Right at the bottom next to Stanley Road. I'm sure I remember you too! Did you live on the left hand side (going up!) about half way up???

No I didn't, that was my best friend Sarah, it will be her that you remember, although we were always together! We are still best friends now! She had a younger sister called Rachel and they lived there with their dad.

No I didn't, that was my best friend Sarah, it will be her that you remember, although we were always together! We are still best friends now! She had a younger sister called Rachel and they lived there with their dad.

Ahhh, Sarah Larkins? I could be getting you two muddled up yes! Did Sarah's mum pass away when we would have been around 5/6 years old??? Also, Michelle Perkins who lived just down from Sarah, I remember her mum passing away too :( Linda I think she was called, she was really nice :(

Other than that though, happy memories of playing out when the summers seemed to last forever on Charlton Brook Crescent! :)

Yes, that's right Sarah Larkings. Her mum died when she was 7. Michelle Perks did live a couple of doors down from her, she was also in our class. I'm sure there was someone else in our class lived there as well, Paul Jenkins if I remember right. Mrs Johnson also lived down there, she was really nice, I heard she died too a while back :(

Yes, that's right Sarah Larkings. Her mum died when she was 7. Michelle Perks did live a couple of doors down from her, she was also in our class. I'm sure there was someone else in our class lived there as well, Paul Jenkins if I remember right. Mrs Johnson also lived down there, she was really nice, I heard she died too a while back :(

That's right. Michelle Perks, Paul Jenkins. Getting their surnames muddled up too! I have the memory of an 80 year old!

Yes, Paul lived directly opposite from us. There was also Gareth Hall who lived next door to us, and further up the road, Joanne Elliott and Nicholas Pratt. Also I remember a girl called Cheryl who had a pet tortoise, she lived at the top on the bend. Can't remember her surname though!

Oh yes, Mrs Johnson (next door to Paul if I remember correctly), i'm sorry to here that she's passed away too, she was lovely yes.