Burncross School..bit of a long shot but..

...Does anyone have any pictures of the School, inside or out?

It was knocked down approx 1992 I think, I remember going on the protest march at the Town Hall to try and save it but to no avail.

Everytime we approach Christmas, I always think about the place as I have so many happy memories of the School around this time of year; the giant real tree in the assembly hall that you could smell all through the school, the painted Christmas backdrop that seemed to magically appear above the stage, the hand made cardboard post box next to the dinner hall for you to post all your friends Christmas cards......so many happy memories!

Did anyone else go to Burncross School?

I was there '85/'86 - '91/'92.

I am sure that my cousin David Lee was Headmaster there. At least I think he was. If so, I have a commemorative booklet on the school when it closed. I will have a look.

I am sure that my cousin David Lee was Headmaster there. At least I think he was. If so, I have a commemorative booklet on the school when it closed. I will have a look.

Haha! I remember Mr Lee - quite a stocky fella with red hair. Yes, I think he did take over the post from Mrs Monteyne not too long before the powers that be decided the school would be much better as a new housing estate :(

Thank you

Haha! I remember Mr Lee - quite a stocky fella with red hair. Yes, I think he did take over the post from Mrs Monteyne not too long before the powers that be decided the school would be much better as a new housing estate :(

Thank you

That's him. He now has two grown up daughters. He was only four when his own Mother died (she was my Dad's sister and I remember her really well). His Dad is still with us. Let me have a look in my 'document case'. There will be something.

Where was Burncross school before it was demolished?

Where was Burncross school before it was demolished?

It was on Burncross Road, just across from Bevan Way where the Costcutter is.

It was on Burncross Road, just across from Bevan Way where the Costcutter is.

Thanks. From memory I think there are a dozen or so new houses on there now.

Thanks. From memory I think there are a dozen or so new houses on there now.

Yeah, there is, that's right. They look lovely but not as good as the school! :(

I have a photo I took from the upstairs rear window of our house (119 Broad Inge Crescent) in the summer of 1980. It's not very clear, but it shows the school, with the cemetary behind it. I'll try to get it scanned and posted. My brother went to the school in the 70s. Kevin.

I have a photo I took from the upstairs rear window of our house (119 Broad Inge Crescent) in the summer of 1980. It's not very clear, but it shows the school, with the cemetary behind it. I'll try to get it scanned and posted. My brother went to the school in the 70s. Kevin.

That'd be great, thank you! :)

I went to Burncross School and was taught by David Lee

Which years?