Classic console people

The PSX I'd guess around the £250-£300 mark. Nice bit of kit!

The fat PS1s with the A/V sockets aren't worth a lot, £10-£20 at a guess. They're not particularly rare. The first few production runs had the A/V ports, then they eventually disappeared along with the expansion connector. Apparently they make great CD players when hooked up to an amp, they're known unofficially as the 'audiophile PlayStation'.

Not heard it called that before ill have a nosey see if i can find it.

Sorry, I just assumed it was a grey one. Net Yaroze go for around the £100 mark, probably a bit more if they're boxed with all the original discs etc.
Ok worth sorting it out then lol.

Hi segasonic,

Take a look here.

I still have my CD32 and as stated in another post, at the time it was the very first 32-bit gaming console and to rub it in Commodore hired the billboard outside Sega UK's Head Office and paraphrased Sega's name - "To be this good takes ages!". I still have my trusty communicator to connect the CD 32 to my Amiga 1500 (1 Gb SCSI HD, 4 Mb Zip Ram, Workbench 3.1). I liked the CD Player function which gave an onscreen representation of the laser starting at the middle of the CD and working its way outwards! And those cover CDs off Amiga Format with some of those ravesque music and animations - superb!

swarfendor43

Actualy it was not the first 32 bit but the second to be released.Although grant you it was the first to be released around most of the world.Fujitsu beet them buy about 9 months i think looked like a small PS3 but with flip top drive on top left. Edited by terminator

Actualy it was not the first 32 bit but the second to be released.Although grant you it was the first to be released around most of the world.Fujitsu beet them buy about 9 months i think looked like a small PS3 but with flip top drive on top left.

FM Towns Marty? I've always wanted one of those, it had some amazing arcade ports.

They were based on PC architecture some time before the original Xbox.

There was a computer version out for a few years before the console appeared and the console is backward compatible. Bit like the CD32. :)

FM Towns Marty? I've always wanted one of those, it had some amazing arcade ports.

They were based on PC architecture some time before the original Xbox.

There was a computer version out for a few years before the console appeared and the console is backward compatible. Bit like the CD32. :)

Wasn't the DC based on PC hardware too? I know that it ran CE underneath....

Edit.

No.

The system's processor is a 200 MHz SH-4 with an on-die 128-bit vector graphics engine, 360 MIPS and 1.4 GFLOPS (single precision), using the vector graphics engine. The graphics hardware is a PowerVR2 CLX2 chipset, capable of 7.0 million polygons/second peak performance and trilinear filtering. Graphics hardware effects include gouraud shading, z-buffering, anti-aliasing, per-pixel translucency sorting (also known as order independent translucency) and bump mapping. The system supports approximately 16.78 million colors (24-bit) color output and displays interlaced or progressive scan video at 640x480 video resolution.

For sound, the system features a Yamaha AICA Sound Processor with a 32-Bit ARM7 RISC CPU operating at 45 MHz,[30] 64 channel PCM/ADPCM sampler (4:1 compression), XG MIDI support and 128 step DSP.

The Dreamcast has 16 MB 64 Bit 100 MHz main RAM, 8 MB 4x16-bit 100 MHz video RAM and 2 MB 16-bit 66 MHz sound RAM.[31] The hardware supports VQ Texture Compression at either asymptotically 2bpp or even 1bpp [32]

God I miss my old DC. Chu Chu Rocket :D

Edited by Greengeek

Wasn't the DC based on PC hardware too? I know that it ran CE underneath....

Edit.

No.

The graphics hardware is PC derived, I had a PowerVR card for the PC many moons ago. They're still around, the iPhone GPU is a PowerVR chip.

God I miss my old DC. Chu Chu Rocket :D

The iPhone version was on offer the other week so I picked it up. Works really well on the touchscreen, bet it's good on iPad. Still got my fingers crossed for an XBLA version.

I still have my DC, I should pick up ChuChu Rocket! :)

Edited by segasonic
Added link

No interest in getting anything Apple, so that's out.

XBL would be good.

No interest in getting anything Apple, so that's out.

Neither was I, but I got offered a 2G cheap, and my WM6.1 HTC Artemis was getting a bit long in the tooth. It's a nice phone to use but for some reason it didn't change my life or make me try to convince all my friends to get one. Truth be told I'm a bit ashamed of it. ;)

Gonna get a WP7 phone in the new year and the missus can have the iPhone. Hopefully Sega have some WP7 stuff lined up.

Actualy it was not the first 32 bit but the second to be released.Although grant you it was the first to be released around most of the world.Fujitsu beet them buy about 9 months i think looked like a small PS3 but with flip top drive on top left.

You mean this one?

swarfendor43

I'm yet to try WP7, but from what I've seen and read, they've tried to go Appley and make it all form and no function. Even cutting down on the way it does stuff to make sure that the interface flows.

I'm more of an Android man, coming from WindowsMobile 5 through to 6.5, so prefer my phones to actually do stuff other than look nice :D