Classic console people

That's one game I'm glad I didn't get - x-lab on GNU/Linux is more fun!

When I saw the first wrong link to 'Night Breed' I thought of 'Myth' - but in Myth the game play was in front of the background! Just thinking about "Chaos Engine" by the Bitmap Brothers (parallax scroller), and there was a crazy/funny game (can't remember which platform) - Cabal! crazy shooting game with an awful lot of action going on! Just read somewhere that Toki is getting a makeover for XBLA somewhere. Settlers was good - especially the animated intro which both children liked! Heart of China was quite good for an adventure game. Amazon Queen and Beneath a Steel Sky are now freely available under GNU/Linux (and Windows) with SCUMM. Hired Guns also a good Psygnosis title - difficult first person shooter x 4!

swarfendor43

That's one game I'm glad I didn't get - x-lab on GNU/Linux is more fun!

When I saw the first wrong link to 'Night Breed' I thought of 'Myth' - but in Myth the game play was in front of the background! Just thinking about "Chaos Engine" by the Bitmap Brothers (parallax scroller), and there was a crazy/funny game (can't remember which platform) - Cabal! crazy shooting game with an awful lot of action going on! Just read somewhere that Toki is getting a makeover for XBLA somewhere. Settlers was good - especially the animated intro which both children liked! Heart of China was quite good for an adventure game. Amazon Queen and Beneath a Steel Sky are now freely available under GNU/Linux (and Windows) with SCUMM. Hired Guns also a good Psygnosis title - difficult first person shooter x 4!

swarfendor43

Cabal was a Taito coin-op that ended up on most home formats, including Amiga. Great game!

The XBLA Toki remake looks brilliant, it's all hand drawn. I do hope the original version is in there too though as an option, it was one of my favourite arcade games at the time. The Mega Drive version was different and not as good, and the Amiga version was almost arcade perfect, but was ruined for me because it didn't support 2 button controllers.

pft, the commordore 64 is where it was at!
Indeed!!!

I love my c64 with a passion :)

So these folk downloading these games from the net, burning em to disc then selling them on ebay. Not so sure if the emulation scene exists much these days, but round about 10 years ago in the emulation community, if you even suggested selling roms then your butt would be kicked out the door real fast.

I wonder how much this would have gone for if it didn't have a couple of keys missing?

So these folk downloading these games from the net, burning em to disc then selling them on ebay. Not so sure if the emulation scene exists much these days, but round about 10 years ago in the emulation community, if you even suggested selling roms then your butt would be kicked out the door real fast.
Well for under £2 i wouldnt be arsed but got them all just noticed it in passing.

You wouldn't get one of those C64s for £20-£40! That went for nearly 2000 euros even with two keys missing. It was a limited edition gold C64, mounted on a gold PCB - they didn't make many, it was to celebrate a million sales in Germany or something. :)

You wouldn't get one of those C64s for £20-£40! That went for nearly 2000 euros even with two keys missing. It was a limited edition gold C64, mounted on a gold PCB - they didn't make many, it was to celebrate a million sales in Germany or something. :)
Lol only looked at pic never thought anymore of it.Any idea what PSX DVR is fetching and PS1 FAT with AV sockets cant think of name for that one dont think it was ever in shops. Edited by terminator

Lol only looked at pic never thought anymore of it.Any idea what PSX DVR is fetching and PS1 FAT with AV sockets cant think of name for that one dont think it was ever in shops.

The PSX I'd guess around the £250-£300 mark. Nice bit of kit!

The fat PS1s with the A/V sockets aren't worth a lot, £10-£20 at a guess. They're not particularly rare. The first few production runs had the A/V ports, then they eventually disappeared along with the expansion connector. Apparently they make great CD players when hooked up to an amp, they're known unofficially as the 'audiophile PlayStation'.