National carriers blaze

hi les , your name rings a distant bell, can remember abdul well and gilly with his big hammer and terry. my names john everett

I remember playing truant from school and catching the number 4 into town on that day. Took about 4 hours to get to town so we had to jump straight on a bus home.

yes thats him he died some years ago

---------- Post added 29-01-2013 at 20:55 ----------

saw young alan a few years ago on the cross. i can remember your name mick but cant put a face to it. i was a driver in warehouse delivering shipping for record ridgeway with terry and george. im john:

im the one with long ginger hair, with the motorbikes, i worked on shed side for a while then moved into wherehouse. my dad worked there too in the 70s he was a driver, then became van setter his name Denis turton, shed side was walt booth, jimmy green( railwaylegs) brian walker (queenie) to name a few

can remember you now mick , can you remember terry with long blonde hair that drove from warehouse. both alans black joe and harrold, walt booth used to live near me and can remember jimmy, brian and plugger. john

He had left before I started but I remember him being talked about

Hi Barry Worthington is my father, as a little girl he would sometimes take me with him to National Carriers (probably on his days off), some of the names mentioned here i recall but can't seem to put faces to the names.

would any1 out there rememba the chemical blaze in the 1990s that was caused by national carriers around wincobank.

It was in the early 80s and it sticks in my mind as a narrow shave for my family possessions,at the time I was in the middle of a self build project.It had come to the stage when the new house was up to first fix and we had to move out of the one we lived in because it was sold and we needed the proceeds to finish the project.All our furniture and possessions had to be stored and National Carriers was where we were going to do this,fortunately for us we had to delay a week the same one the blaze occurred,a lucky escape for us,all our stuff would have been destroyed,furniture,photos,heirlooms everything!.:roll::o

yes les green worked on abduls shift remember your dad very well