National carriers fire

22 hours ago, Steptoad said:

That's him 🙂
What name would he know you by?

Tell him its john everett . Hope hes well

12 minutes ago, johnever said:

Tell him its john everett . Hope hes well

He is John, he had a pulminary embolism and heart attack a few years back and ever since mum's had them both on a vegetarian diet, with regular gym sessions (at least they did until this covid malarky started)

On 23/08/2020 at 20:44, oscar2157 said:

National carriers a huge warehouse..  yes I was there... as part of a fire crew from Mansfield road 'Manor top' fire station..  we spent quite a few days and nights there .

My dad was there too, he was stationed at Central Division Street ( Rocko ) . He said they knew it was a “goer “when they saw the smoke when only halfway there. He told me they found the burnt out shell of a Ferrari that some unlucky sod had privately imported. At the time I was a youth and can remember seeing the smoke and hearing the gas bottles on the forklifts exploding from Heeley. Heard the two tones as Rocko turned out and remembered he was on days, hoped he’d be ok.

I did 32 years in Sheffield Fire Brigade... started at Division street in 1969... and would know  most blokes on most stations back then.

Hi Oscar, you would probably have known my dad. Same first name as me, joined in the 70’s, qualified to drive everything including the TL due to his previous experience. Was on red watch, did a lot of servicing work on BA sets for central and other stations. He moved to Wello when that was made brigade HQ in 88, none of the lads were happy about the move iirc.

I was on blue watch at Division Street and saw the thick smoke when i was leaving the pub the day it happened. I knew i would be attending when i was back on duty the next day. i Know your dad Jim117 and like your dad i didn't want to move from Division street to the new station. I actually served at the current station on Eyre Street at the end of my career so became one of a few to work at three Central Fire stations

On 18/09/2020 at 18:32, Steptoad said:

He is John, he had a pulminary embolism and heart attack a few years back and ever since mum's had them both on a vegetarian diet, with regular gym sessions (at least they did until this covid malarky started)

Hope hes doing ok he was a top bloke