Outdoor PE in cold weather

Even the school admits there are times when it will be too cold.They just don't seem to have a cut off point in place.

I don't care about my kids being soft as long as they don't get pneumonia.

all this over protection is turning kids into spoilt little brats, just what the world needs a Paris Hilton culture

I think it's ok, it'll build character into children, surely you don't want your kids to grow up soft, do you?

i dont believe it "changes" kids from soft to hard

you ARE either soft, or your hard, the hard kids get on with it, the soft kids harbour resentment and fear over it

I think it's ok, it'll build character into children, surely you don't want your kids to grow up soft, do you?

Or it may put them off PE and exercise for ever. It should be fun as well as healthy otherwise they'll not want to do it and are more likely to become lardos.

Have any of you got children because you seem very hard hearted, admitting that PE was awful but wanting to subject others to the same misery.

remember it well :thumbsup:

Me to, even if you got stitch you had to keep on running lol.

I'm afraid I'm with everybody else. We never got to wear leggings- it was a pair of shorts or hockey skirt with our t-shirt and they both matched our blue legs and arms perfectly in weather such as we have right now.

We played hockey on our gravel pitch from September to April, no matter the weather and even if we had to participate in clearing the snow off the lines to see where they were before starting.

Apart from being a bit chilly my only issue was the cold air causing asthma attacks. Everybody just got on with it.

LEGGINGS AND A SWEATSHIRT!!!!

No wonders kids are soft these days.

How about a small pair of black shorts and a plain white t shirt on a field on the hills of Stocksbridge, its about time kids manned up a bit.

If its a PE (physical education) the kids should be running round being active and warm enough.

I really have heard it all now!!!

thats what i thought! i'd agree if it was icy or snowing and was therefore dangerous, but you get warm running around playing hockey etc anyway.

and we were always allowed to wear trackie bottoms and jumpers for outdoor PE in the winter months as well.

there was only one kid who had asthma who was allowed to sit it out cos the cold got to his throat and made it worse, he had to sit in the library and study, watched over by the librarian!

after 2 minutes of moving around, doing what they are supposed to do in P.E they will be plenty warm enough. Yes we used to hate P.E at school in the cold, yet it didnt stop us playing football in the same conditions during dinner or having a snowball fight.

actually at five i can remember clearly the upset of not been allowed to go out at dinner time due to snow and iced up playground.