Does ASDA operate the same way as Walmart?

I thought Asda was foreign owned, not foreign run?

hiya other half works for asda. they don't open boxing day but day after will be exactly the same. returns returns returns. I will be working boxing day for another retailer and it will be return return return all day. some stores here refuse to deal with returns for a few days after christmas but have signs up warning customers a couple of weeks before christmas.

i am being nosey, which walmart ?? we were in the john young parkway one a couple of weeks ago when we were on holiday love having a good old nosey they sell some brilliant things....asda doesn't sell tyres !!

We live in Fernandida Beach ( yes I know it's a mouthfull) which is on Amelia island, NE Florida.

http://www.ameliaisland.com/

Edited by esme
quote tags

lovely ....i love florida
We just got back from a month at our son's place in Fort Myers, and took a few days in Melbourne at a cousin's, 1500 miles out and 1500 back. I like it well enough, but the place is buried in Billboards, there's not a hill in the place, and apart from iits beaches which are glorious. it is unspectacular and has some of the worst architecture in America. They have full service Walmarts however, and I managed to collar a 32 inch LCD Vizio for $245 which we brought home to Conn. All my relatives down there beg us to settle, but I'd sooner take a look at the Carolinas before moving anywhere. BTW Lucifer, I promise not to repatriate to the UK, if you promise not to emigrate to the land of the free:hihi:

All my relatives down there beg us to settle, but I'd sooner take a look at the Carolinas before moving anywhere. BTW Lucifer, I promise not to repatriate to the UK, if you promise not to emigrate to the land of the free:hihi:

What is it with the Carolinas? Is it the new FL?

My Dad is thinking of retiring there (Hes on LI), my mother as well (though shes in FL) and I know about 20 people from HS who live there as well....

What is it with the Carolinas? Is it the new FL?

My Dad is thinking of retiring there (Hes on LI), my mother as well (though shes in FL) and I know about 20 people from HS who live there as well....

Of the two Carolinas I prefer North Carolina, though South has a splendid shoreline too and is a golfer's paradise. The climate is generally much warmer than Long Island or Connecticut and cooler than Florida, prices are more reasonable. Gasoline in Connecticut and Upstate New York was over $3.00 a gallon on my way home from Florida, and around $2,65 down there. But the most important reason is the family split, 20 close members in Florida and about the same in Connecticut. We would probably spend Thanksgiving with one and Christmas with the other. I used to enjoy flying but its too much of a hassle today. I like to drive, when I can wrestle the car off my wife. I have to remind her sometimes that the Interstate is not Daytona, and there are Cops on it who are still fighting the Civil War.:)

Of the two Carolinas I prefer North Carolina, though South has a splendid shoreline too and is a golfer's paradise. The climate is generally much warmer than Long Island or Connecticut and cooler than Florida, prices are more reasonable. Gasoline in Connecticut and Upstate New York was over $3.00 a gallon on my way home from Florida, and around $2,65 down there. But the most important reason is the family split, 20 close members in Florida and about the same in Connecticut. We would probably spend Thanksgiving with one and Christmas with the other. I used to enjoy flying but its too much of a hassle today. I like to drive, when I can wrestle the car off my wife. I have to remind her sometimes that the Interstate is not Daytona, and there are Cops on it who are still fighting the Civil War.:)

'North Carolina is Southern and South Carolina is Northern'.

I don't know if this old adage still holds true.

Back on topic please - without recourse to insults.