Moving from Sheffield to Manchester??

Hiya.... Im CONSIDERING moving to Stockport from Sheffield to be with my partner... and its causing me some stress thinking about leaving Sheffield!!

I have lived here all my life in Stannington and am very attached to the area. Stockport isnt the nicest of places, and being a country girl I am worried that I will miss home too much. I know its not that far and that sometimes you have to make compromises (especially as my bf has a child over there so he cant move here)

other options may include living somewhere inbetween such as Glossop??

has anyone got any advice or similar experiences??

cheers

Stockport isnt the nicest of places

understatement of the year.

isnt there any country bits round stockport?

i myself moved from sheff to here wich is all small villages and countryside, being a city boy it was a shock to the system BUT i think im used to it now 17 years or so later lol

isnt there any country bits round stockport?

i myself moved from sheff to here wich is all small villages and countryside, being a city boy it was a shock to the system BUT i think im used to it now 17 years or so later lol

There certainly are some lovely areas around there...Mellor, Marple and the surroundings for example.

Is stockport classed as greater manchester?

There certainly are some lovely areas around there...Mellor, Marple and the surroundings for example.

ah, im not really up on the area thats why, but if you and your partner could move to a nicer area with a bit of countryside thatll ease the transition and make it easier.

he'll have to travel more tho, but then youll both be compromising

Every year a few people make the move from Yorkshire to Lancashire and as a result the I.Q of the population in both counties increases.