Are students intending to occupy Nick Clegg's office (24/11/2010)?

Ahhh, sent in the heavies to clear the way have you?

Good show.

:hihi:

Give it a rest you silly child.

Deputy Prime Minister and Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg's offices in Sheffield, northern England, could also be targeted. Organisers said 20,000 young people were expected to take part.

South Yorkshire Police are currently dealing with a student protest comprising of approximately 1500 students in the City Centre...

Optimistic much?

Can`t the police just open fire on them?

Too much mess on the street!

We've had reports earlier today that Partners (staff) at John Lewis Sheffield were throwing eggs from a store window at school kids protesting against cuts to EMA. We have looked into this and can confirm that no Partners were involved and the activity took place on the roof which happens to be a public car park. We are glad we were made aware of this and, in future, we will be extra vigilant in monitoring the car park.

Give it a rest you silly child.

Oh behave.

Smie or you may give yourself an ulca :P

We've had reports earlier today that Partners (staff) at John Lewis Sheffield were throwing eggs from a store window at school kids protesting against cuts to EMA. We have looked into this and can confirm that no Partners were involved and the activity took place on the roof which happens to be a public car park. We are glad we were made aware of this and, in future, we will be extra vigilant in monitoring the car park.

Of course you're going to say that :suspect:

Back on topic please.

I dont care who it was, its still funny :hihi:

Oh behave.

Smie or you may give yourself an ulca :P

If only I knew what an 'ulca' was.......

I just don't think constant lame old jibes at the work of the police are funny.

Edited by irenewilde

Quote:

Deputy Prime Minister and Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg's offices in Sheffield, northern England, could also be targeted. Organisers said 20,000 young people were expected to take part.

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspJJohnson View Post

South Yorkshire Police are currently dealing with a student protest comprising of approximately 1500 students in the City Centre...

Optimistic much?

I think the 20,000 referred to the whole country doesn't it - hence the "could *also* be targeted"? 20,000 students protesting in Sheffield alone would be highly unlikely.

As I understand it there were around 3,000 on the protest and the Hicks building has been occupied.

I'm sure any self-respecting anarchist is going to publish any intention of dubious activities beforehand