Are students intending to occupy Nick Clegg's office (24/11/2010)?

As it says in the title, did they decide to occupy his office today as part of the national protest? I noticed the police checking out the area yesterday but I need to visit somebody near there shortly.

Edited by esme
added date to title

As it says in the title, did they decide to occupy his office today as part of the national protest? I noticed the police checking out the area yesterday but I need to visit somebody near there shortly.

I read he hardly ever comes to Sheffield anyway, so I am not sure it will have any effect on him ;)

I notice there a lots of students noisily protesting outside the union today - theres even a police (or news?) helicopter circling above!

Not according to the young student fella they were interviewing about in on Radio Sheffield this morning.

Wed Nov 24, 2010

In London, protesters plan to march on the Liberal Democrat party's headquarters and to hold a rally outside Cameron's Downing Street office.

Deputy Prime Minister and Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg's offices in Sheffield, northern England, could also be targeted. Organisers said 20,000 young people were expected to take part.

Clegg defended the plans in a speech on Tuesday night, saying the policy was the best available in the circumstances.

"I make just one request of those planning to protest: examine our proposals before taking to the streets. Listen and look before you march and shout," Clegg said

Reuters

police ouside westbar were on horses about an hour back looked like they were off somewhere i bet its do do with student protests!

South Yorkshire Police are currently dealing with a student protest comprising of approximately 1500 students in the City Centre, whilst the protest remains peaceful there is some unavoidable congestion in the City Centre. I will monitor this thread if anybody has any specific questions. Inspector Jayne Johnson.

South Yorkshire Police are currently dealing with a student protest comprising of approximately 1500 students in the City Centre, whilst the protest remains peaceful there is some unavoidable congestion in the City Centre. I will monitor this thread if anybody has any specific questions. Inspector Jayne Johnson.

haha it's starting to kick off

How is the traffic around park square roundabout & Hilton hotel? I'm just about to set off to an exam held at the Hilton, can't be late.

Thanks

There were police outside his office this morning .

I am surprised there are so many out of bed already - it's only 12.45 :hihi: