Anybody ever been referred to the breast clinic at RHH?

Thank you everyone! Arrgghh I thought it wouldn't be anything less than a week but chuffing hell it's a loooong time to convince yourself of the worst isn't it??! I'm sure it'll be fine; I'm only 24 which the doctor says goes in my favour, although obviously family history isn't all that great. To be fair to them, it's only been a week this evening since I found the lump so they are acting a lot quicker than they used to as far as I'm aware! And as this year has been so shocking, I actually laughed when I felt it. Not a normal reaction I'm sure :hihi: Beer is the way forwards for a couple of weeks I think ;)

I went in March. Went in to change into gown, then doctor and support worker came in. Doctor examined me after a chat & recommended I had ultrasound. Went upstairs with my file. Went in for ultrasound & they showed me on the screen what the things were & said all looked ok but would print photos for doctor. Once ready (5-10 mins maybe) I took my folder back downstairs, doctor called me through a few minutes later to tell me results (all ok).

I'm going back next week as further problems - impressively my GP said wouldn't be for 7-8wks as not urgent (as been given all clear once), that was last Thursday. Appointment has arrived today for next Thursday.

Thank you! I'm really glad that you were fine-I can imagine your relief when they told you! :)

They have been excellent with my aunty and I'm really impressed with how they've treated me so far. I saw my GP at 2pm on Friday, and by 11.30am on Monday I had received a phone call booking an appointment for me next Monday. So quick!

Good luck, I hope everything is fine. I know my experience wasn't the same situation as yours, but I thought I'd put my experience here in case anyone else comes along looking for a bit of advice and reassurance etc.

How strange I felt the one that was on last week when I went just for breast screening was curt. She said" Sit down" so I decided to stay standing.

after taking my details she again said "Sit over there"

A little friendly smile would not go a miss. i did think of writing in, Might do so now i have seen your comment.

Well I hope you think again.

Well I hope you think again.

Why? if the poster was treated rudely (and it sounds like she was) than a complaint would be valid.

Thank you everyone! Arrgghh I thought it wouldn't be anything less than a week but chuffing hell it's a loooong time to convince yourself of the worst isn't it??! I'm sure it'll be fine; I'm only 24 which the doctor says goes in my favour, although obviously family history isn't all that great. To be fair to them, it's only been a week this evening since I found the lump so they are acting a lot quicker than they used to as far as I'm aware! And as this year has been so shocking, I actually laughed when I felt it. Not a normal reaction I'm sure :hihi: Beer is the way forwards for a couple of weeks I think ;)

There is a really good reason for it to take a week, which may help you as you calm yourself down.

Most people don't need to come back the following week because their answers are provided on their first visit. If they need to come back then usually more than one test has been done, either a blood test and a sample, or a sample being sent to more than one place for the results.

The weekly clinics coordinate with team meetings which collate the results from all of the tests, discuss what happens next with any cases which are unconventional or which are open to interpretation and make sure that they have as much information as they need or whether they need some more tests in order to form an opinion.

For the Thursday clinic the team meetings are on a Wednesday, so that nobody who has an uncomplicated lump should need to attend clinic more than twice, once for the tests and once for the result. From there if you need more to happen then you may be transferred to a clinic where less people are seen because they need to consider greater detail.

So although it feels like you're on a bit of a conveyor belt, the week allows for double checking of all test results all fitted in within a week and reduces the amount of time spent in clinic overall.

Hope there's nothing to fret about LM :)

Hi, I went through this last yr I was very nervous but it was very organised though I was there quite a while, as previous posts state, first examination, then mammogram, then ultra sound at which point I was told it was a cyst they drained it there and then. Went back down to see doctor to discuss what I had just been through, all was ok, never had to go back, cysts are very common. Good luck I know its hard but try not to worry :)

Why? if the poster was treated rudely (and it sounds like she was) than a complaint would be valid.

She "felt" the receptionist was curt so she decided not to do as she was asked. And then seemed to object to the receptionist not smiling at her when she was asked again to sit down. That'll make a brilliant letter of complaint.

Wow, you're all ace! Just had my mum sister and 2 year old nephew round for the morning which has taken my mind off things nicely. Ad left me with a hurricane ravaged house, and dirty looks from Tadg cat, but he's just going to have to suck it up :D Maddie ran outside and sat on the fence in the rain. Mardy cow.

Medusa thank you-even though I know they wouldn't keep you waiting longer than was necessary its good to see in writing exactly why they take as long as they do.

I'm glad everyone either had nothing to worry about or are better now-and also that, in the nicest possible way, I'm not the only one to endure a couple of weeks of this mental torture! Although a bit annoyed to find I'm perfectly normal. This is not the impression I'm usually looking to achieve :hihi:

FABULOUS NEWS!!!!!

I bet you'll sleep well tonight chuck :)

I'm fine! Just a lumpy person it would seem!

Great news, but best to be on the safe side.:)