Anybody ever been referred to the breast clinic at RHH?

I've been a couple of times to have lumps investigated. They were found to be cysts which cleared up a week or two later.

I take my own dressing gown with me nowadays when I go to hospital for tests.

I was going to start a thread of my own but this came up in a search. I hope everything went well for you last year funbags :)

My aunty was diagnosed with breast cancer a couple of years ago and I accomapnied her to one of her chemo sessions so I am extra vigilant when it comes to checking myself. Last week I found a lump and have an appointment at the hospital on Monday. Obviously I'm worried but I've got my aunty to answer most questions-but one thing she can't remember is how long the results take to come back? My doctor just said if its a cyst they'll know on the day, but didn't specify how long other results might take? I appreciate its probably different for everyone, but if anyone can remember how long it took for them I'd be very grateful!

Edited by LitleMermaid

A lump was seen after I'd had a mammogram so they called me back for further tests. I must have been lucky - I didn't wait long before they called me in, located the lump, put a needle in and as soon as they drew out the fluid, they told me it was OK and just a little cyst. I'm guessing they knew by the colour of the liquid. Felt quite giddy with relief!

They are kind there and try to make the experience as trauma-free as they can for you.

Thank you! I'm really glad that you were fine-I can imagine your relief when they told you! :)

They have been excellent with my aunty and I'm really impressed with how they've treated me so far. I saw my GP at 2pm on Friday, and by 11.30am on Monday I had received a phone call booking an appointment for me next Monday. So quick!

I went through the same procedure as Medusa outlined and whilst I was there the whole waiting room were "entertained" by a 20ish bleached blond who was on her mobile to her Mum, swearing and shouting about the fact that they wouldn't do the tests that day as she had silicone implants and had to have a different procedure to everyone else.

The receptionists weren't rude at all and I got confirmation that all was well by letter from the clinic within 10 days.

Thanks. My God I hope I don't have the same entertainment as you-I'm happy with my Aunty/mum/fiancé's company (not sure who's coming yet) and my kindle. Plus I'm not known for putting up and shutting up when it comes to abysmal behaviour :help::D

Quote Obviously I'm worried but I've got my aunty to answer most questions-but one thing she can't remember is how long the results take to come back?

When I went I had a mammogram and needle biopsy, then had to go back 1 week later for the results.

Hi, I recentely found a lump in my breast went to my dr and he has referred me to the breast clinic, my appointment is 2 week from the time of my referral (next Tuesday) and I was wondering if anyone has been referred in the past and what happenes once your there, I'm quite anxious and obviously very worried so any shared experiances would be great x

Same to say as Medusa and mine was nothing to worry about fortunately. I think sometimes its fatty tissue. Good Luck with the results:)

I went a few months ago - quite long delays on my initial consultation , waiting for an ultrasound and at the follow up. Receptionists were rude - but aren't most medical receptionists. Dr's fantastic , information given great. Hope you get well soon , try not to worry

How strange I felt the one that was on last week when I went just for breast screening was curt. She said" Sit down" so I decided to stay standing.

after taking my details she again said "Sit over there"

A little friendly smile would not go a miss. i did think of writing in, Might do so now i have seen your comment.

If there's anything untoward you'll hear within a couple of days,i did.Try not to worry.

I was there this time last year , i opted not to make another appointment to pick up results , instead i was told they would be posted out a week from the date of my biopsy, but if anything important came up they would ring me to come in . It was an anxious wait for a week and a mini panic attack everytime the phone rang , but luckily i received no phone call and good results through the post about 10 days later.

Good luck with your tests x