Meadowfarm, Ecclesfield..

Went on saturday to celebrate our toddlers birthday....

they allowed us to reserve a table right by the play area which was excellent as last time i went we couldnt get a seat anywhere near. The play facilities were also fantastic, everything for all (most) ages, including playstations.

but..

the food was RANK!!

my main gripe was that when we asked what the veggie carvery option was we were told "we have veggie gravy, you can have the vegetables with no meat, but it's the same cost".

ok so my OH cose something else from their main menu. Unfortunately i had the carvery :(

all i can say is dont bother, the meat was dry (dryer than ANY other carvery i have eaten) and the veg selection was non-existant! really really crap. normally you would expect just about every veg, but they just had a very small selection.

the whole thing tasted like cardboard, such a shame.

Been there twice, the food was terrible both times. Thought it may have been a one off so went back.............. big mistake

went last friday for tea quite busy but able to get a seat.

the food was lovely i had the smothered chicken and partner had carbonara.

all in all worth the money

we're going there for xmas dinner cos my mums to lazy to do a dinner.

The carvery isnt nice at all - ive had it once, and took mine back, asked the lady if she wanted to break a few teeth with the roasties :) Was given a refund, and said we could have anything we wanted off the menu (2 of us took them back) but ive been a few times and the foods been spot on, just wont ever touch carvery again.

Been a couple of times with my grandchildren - great play area but agree the food is rubbish!

drawbridge at rawmarsh is gorgeous and its on 3.69 for carvery only down side is tere isnt much parking there x

I've been a few times the food does vary, but there is no where else 2 go with the kids

it really depends on your choice of meal, we've been and had nice(I wouldn't say great) food, but also had food you could buy at a van!!

Fish platter(trawlermans or whatever they call it) all reformed/machine cut fish and cooked to within a second of catching fire, give it a miss!, but the fish and chips my lad had were quite good, and the burgers are usually alright, and a fair size.

Plenty of other places about, Bluebell and a Toby at Dodworth, there's a brewers fayre at Cortonwood.