Shiregreen regeneration

I do know exactly what you are talking about I see the FHM workmen on our estate all the time, my mother in-law had her house 'done' last year, and yeah a few problems but after having most of the work done by them she had the rest done herself.

As for renting the house, years ago when me and my partner had our first council house, it was a disgrace, hardly any kitchen cupboards, walls, when you pulled the wallpaper off half the flippin' wall came down with it! But no one would help us, we had to do it from scratch, so my point is unless it's a real danger, surely people could do some work themselves?

And Im sure these houses have to be passed by a clarke of works, so if they can pass it to their regulations, it can't be that bad?

But saying you see FHM on your estate all the time... doesnt mean youve seen the shambles theyve done around Shiregreen does it?

Its not a point of doing the work yourself, its the point that this h/a have said they will do X, X and X but havent done it. Why say something if youre not going to do it? TARA meetings (which every tennant pays for) also brought up these issues, months back. Nothing has been done about it.

As for the C.O.W... theyre more bent than the bloody workmen! If you saw some of the things they passed off - it beggars belief!

I have seen loads of friends/familys houses that FHM have worked on, living on estate where all the house's are being 'modernised' it's hard not too.

I understand it must be frustrating if they say this, this and this is going to be done by this date and it isn't, but thousends of homes are being done, that would cost grands otherwise.

Surely its simple maths though? That even the thickest of people could work out? Lets say...

Avg kitchen costing: £1600. 1000 houses = £1.6 million. But they only have £1.4million. They need to stop promising people things and pull their fingers out.

Or people stop expecting things for nothing.

They must begin start on budget, but nothing ever goes to budget, so thats probably why money gets short.

And it's all well reckoning up the price of 1000 houses having £1600 kitchen, no labour charges for joiners, electritions, plasterers, plumbers have been included. Seems these associations are being given hard time for tyring to improve their tenants quality of living.

Or people stop expecting things for nothing.

They must begin start on budget, but nothing ever goes to budget, so thats probably why money gets short.

And it's all well reckoning up the price of 1000 houses having £1600 kitchen, no labour charges for joiners, electritions, plasterers, plumbers have been included. Seems these associations are being given hard time for tyring to improve their tenants quality of living.

No I was saying call it £1600 for all of it... (I know full well it'll be alot more) but just saying it'll cost around £1600 ... its simple maths. They need to sort it out and fast. As again, its not FREE! Ill agree to disagree with you, in my opinion, I pay rent - I expect a decent state home not one whats in a mess, therefore imo it isnt free. A hard time? Ha, right yes when they dont send anybody to the tara meetings to discuss and chat with tennants? Instead you have to make an appt with someone youve never heard of, who wont come and have a nosey at the standard of work in the houses but sits behind his/her desk saying 'theres a checklist here - its fine'.... :roll:

Don't agree gina, rent, is just that, to rent your home, to have the sercurity of knowing, if say your window went through, they would replace it free of charge, if your plumbing went, they would fix it... My mate, council house heating packed up last saturday night, they came out and repaired it within 2hrs, no charge.

Like I said years ago you got a house as it came, and believe me in near on deralict states, and you sorted it, and still paid your rent.

If a agreement is made to do whatever work on your house, then it should be carried out but remember how many houses they are doing and doing it for the tenants benifit.

Don't agree gina, rent, is just that, to rent your home, to have the sercurity of knowing, if say your window went through, they would replace it free of charge, if your plumbing went, they would fix it... My mate, council house heating packed up last saturday night, they came out and repaired it within 2hrs, no charge.

Like I said years ago you got a house as it came, and believe me in near on deralict states, and you sorted it, and still paid your rent.

If a agreement is made to do whatever work on your house, then it should be carried out but remember how many houses they are doing and doing it for the tenants benifit.

Ive seen some of the states people have moved in to. I lived in Moorfields, Shalesmoor before they did them up (well, only seen the new windows when driving past not sure about the insides) and ive had to live in a flat full of damp, kitchen falling apart, windows rattling etc etc. I still dont see where its free - as a landlord, if the boiler goes down its down to the landlord to fix it regardless of council or private. Its down to the landlord to sort out a gas safety check yearly. Its also down to the landlord to make sure their homes are in a bloomin decent state. I wasnt agreeing with you btw...

Wasn't agreeing with what??

Look my point was as a tenant of a council house, you pay to rent the house and have the security of knowing if anything goes wrong, (examples on previous post) they will sort it, but it's the tenants responsiblity to make the house in a 'bloomin decent state'.

And if the housing a/s try and give people a helping hand and try and help with these improvement finding falut all the time and moaning about eveything that goes wrong is silly, just get on with it, if they hadn't started any of these improvments where would everybody be?

Nevermind Summa... nevermind! You obviously dont realise that the govn is paying for people to not live in poorly maintained homes, therefore councils have money to fix them up. How does this govn survive? (aside from lending it and ploughing into debt) it survives with the taxpayers, everyday people who live in these houses. Look at private landlord rules and realise that ALL landlords (wether on a small or larger scale) have to abide by pretty much the same rules. If they hadnt started the decent homes scheme then everyone would be cold, elderly would still be dying, people who cant afford to do the work themselves would be living in homes that were a mess, we'd be a shoddy country all in all. Seens as you havent seen the standard of the average SHIREGREEN property then I dont think youre comments are really constructive at all. Tennants are raising issues because they have to put up with it.

Yes on fircroft the lighting's out, Quite scary if you have to pop to the shop in the evening

The only lights on that road still are outside my house :hihi:

Nevermind Summa... nevermind! You obviously dont realise that the govn is paying for people to not live in poorly maintained homes, therefore councils have money to fix them up. How does this govn survive? (aside from lending it and ploughing into debt) it survives with the taxpayers, everyday people who live in these houses. Look at private landlord rules and realise that ALL landlords (wether on a small or larger scale) have to abide by pretty much the same rules. If they hadnt started the decent homes scheme then everyone would be cold, elderly would still be dying, people who cant afford to do the work themselves would be living in homes that were a mess, we'd be a shoddy country all in all. Seens as you havent seen the standard of the average SHIREGREEN property then I dont think youre comments are really constructive at all. Tennants are raising issues because they have to put up with it.

Its the same company, FHM, doing this work, they will work to the same spec, regardless of wheather it's Wybourn or Shiregreen. Unless your saying it's only shiegreen tenants that have had problems?

Oh and as for people living in cold homes, give over, never mentioned heating your moaning your new PVC door is a bit sticky and they haven't plastered your front room- Hardly a reason to complain is it?