Shiregreen regeneration

Well I must be one of the lucky ones as Im really happy with mine! Yeah theres the little things that arent perfect but thats to be expected with such a massive job. Anything Ive reported theyve been out and sorted too.

My street or the surrounding streets didn't get fencing.......yet a couple of streets away fencing has been done. The reason given was that they ran out of money.

The only thing I was really unhappy about was that I couldnt have a wall for my front garden, I had to have railings because of a tree. Fair enough but theyve now said theyre cutting the tree down in the spring!

Did anybody else see the thread title and think it was about rain in Shiregreen?

Did anybody else see the thread title and think it was about rain in Shiregreen?

Nope I was hoping it was about the streetlamps that have been out nearly a week :hihi: Which i have reported and still not been fixed :|

Nope I was hoping it was about the streetlamps that have been out nearly a week :hihi: Which i have reported and still not been fixed :|

Oh Streetfarce are so funny when you ring them. I had to ring them the other week regarding streetlights not on. Now bearing in mind it was pitch black I got asked "how do you know that they are not working........"

Yes on fircroft the lighting's out, Quite scary if you have to pop to the shop in the evening

Its not just fircroft area. Its Gregg house road/cresent. Bellhouse Road (from about the junction with hatfield house) right down to Nethershire Shops, if not further down (I havent purposly gone out and looked) but it is sooooo scary - its pitch black apart from the odd security light thats on. Ive not seen anyone around looking at the lights - I reported it on fixmystreet im going to ring them now I think! Its stupidly dark all the crap lately about (that sticky thread at top of sheff diss - not mentioning it incase the thread gets closed!!!!) so im a tadd paranoid, its terrible having to drive with full beam on - turn them off for other cars heading the other way - put them back on etc etc grr

Can't believe some of you are moarning about having work done for free, flippin heck you've had new windows, new doors, new electrics, new kitchens...Have I forgot anything?? So if little things go wrong get it fixed yourself and stop whinging, remember all the other stuff you have had done free of charge!

Edited by summa

I dont think its free though summa. Rent for a decent home, I dont pay £100 a week for a house that is crap. Do you think cupboards falling off walls is decent? Or at all, passable work? If my son had been stood where I was - I dont even want to think about it. Ive had to have surgery on my teeth after this incident as one of my teeth broke in half. So, no. Its not 'free of charge' its actually £100 (ok just under £97 something) per week plus the dentist payments.

No gina you pay for the property, when you take out a morgage, just because you pay £400-£500 a month doesn't mean they are lieable for the 'regeneration' of a house does it?

What would be the quality of the house if this association hadn't started doing them up?

Having the house re-wired or just having new PVC doors and windows on is a couple of grand.

My point was that this work, regardless of how much rent a tenant pays to rent the house this work is being done for free, so if somethings arn't up to scratch don't moan about it get it sorted.

As for the falling cupboard, yeah it was a bad but say it hadn't been done and a unit that had been up for 20 odd years fell of the wall who would be to blame?

No gina you pay for the property, when you take out a morgage, just because you pay £400-£500 a month doesn't mean they are lieable for the 'regeneration' of a house does it?

What would be the quality of the house if this association hadn't started doing them up?

Having the house re-wired or just having new PVC doors and windows on is a couple of grand.

My point was that this work, regardless of how much rent a tenant pays to rent the house this work is being done for free, so if somethings arn't up to scratch don't moan about it get it sorted.

As for the falling cupboard, yeah it was a bad but say it hadn't been done and a unit that had been up for 20 odd years fell of the wall who would be to blame?

Yes but renting and buying have totally different conditions. I rent my house, its in a decent state apart from some major flaws. If I took out a private tenancy, and some of the things like the fence falling down on my front for example, the landlord/lady would fix or replace. Sanctuary arent even entertaining me when ive brought the issues up. My door, is very hard to shut and lock - they will not entertain me saying its 'normal' yet go try all my neighbours doors - theyre fine and you dont struggle to shut/lock them :confused: As for 'dont moan get it sorted', what do you think we're doing? What my neighbours are doing? Oh, and only 'some' houses got re-wired, re-plastered... mine certainly didnt its all patchy work. Its not the housing ass most are complaining about its the contractors - a bunch of cowboys. FHM Really have something to answer for. If you dont know the state of the houses then I dont think its something to even try to comment on really, some of the houses are in a terrible state after this 'decent' work. Im lucky, my house is minor issues which we ARE tackling ourselves as our landlord/sanctuary wont even bother discussing the issues anymore. I feel for those whos homes are terrible ie my neighbour (who quite often fills her kettle up at my house as the 'workmen' have left her without water for days, shes in her 70's, her hubby is disabled as is her son....)