Shiregreen regeneration

anyone who due to have there houses modernise well take my advice tell them u want to move out they have taken the mick with my house the doors are worped and the light fighting are not striaght they are so mess having to stay in my mother left me with no water heat or power the plaster is rubbish it not skim wright the paper work they give you the work dont get done so fhm is not true to there work cut my phone wire and told me to phone bt to have it reconected and they will pay when your bill come in

Completely agree.

Decant where possible.

I refused to hand back the keys of the decant property until I was satisfied with the finish of the refurb to my property. Simple as that.

Ah you mean this Decent Homes programme........Sheffield homes seem to have spent MORE money on repairs on my house in repairs from the mistakes made when they did this house

Makes me laugh how the houses at Shiregreen beforehand had not been modernised for years and apart from little mishaps the houses were ok. The recent modernisations that have taken place wont last a quarter as long before needing re doing. My house was modernised 14 months ago and the skirting boards upstairs have come away from the wall, leaving a 3cm gap, the plaster at the top of my stairs and in my kitchen has cracked near the ceiling. My kitchen doors are falling off.......... to name but a few problems.

sounds rubbish, i hope none of you have paid too much to these cowboys, you want to get that dom littlewood on the case!

anyone who due to have there houses modernise well take my advice tell them u want to move out they have taken the mick with my house the doors are worped and the light fighting are not striaght they are so mess having to stay in my mother left me with no water heat or power the plaster is rubbish it not skim wright the paper work they give you the work dont get done so fhm is not true to there work cut my phone wire and told me to phone bt to have it reconected and they will pay when your bill come in

By 'my house' I assume you mean the councils?

All my door frames are out of line, half my doors dont fit in the frames properly. The only decent thing theyve done is the windows I think. I know these houses used to be sooo cold before. My kitchen is getting ripped out in new year, and going in the bin cause its shabby and cheap. The fires surrounds theyve fitted are crap, the actually fires (electric) do kick out some heat but the surrounds get scratched and dented soooo easy. I was told all the walls would be replastered - great so I though... the stairs, and front bedroom are lining paper so we've ripped it off, only to find that they didnt even bother to remove the radiator before lining paper went up and it was purple woodchip! The old tennant (who I speak to) said 'Yes the bedroom was purple woodchip when I lived there' niiiiiiiice workmanship I think NOT. The heating system, I havent had much trouble with but my neighbours are forever asking my OH if he would just try to see the problem with theirs. This so called driveway, mine is ok but you cant get a transit van on - its not wide enough :rant: Just about get our car onto the drive with inches to spare. My neighbours drive is on a slat with no drainage so all water collects by her front door. Theyve replaced privit on the fronts with fences but on one side of my front, theres a green fence thats falling down, its held up by one thing - yet they refuse to replace! What else do I say? We're having EVERYTHING replaced, all the woodwork in the house (currently working room to room as we're decorating) and the kitchen will be gone in the new year replaced by a half decent one where the doors dont fall off, or and whole wallmounted units dont fall off (they refused to put it back up after it fell on my head!)

"Anyone who is due to have their house modernised, take my advice and tell them that you wish to move out. They have taken the mick with my house! The doors are warped and the light fittings are not straight; furthermore, they are so messy that I am having to stay with my mother. They left me without water, heating or power and the plaster is rubbish! It is not skimmed correctly. Indeed, they give you paperwork, yet the work does not get done. As such, you could say that FHM are not true to their word. Finally, they cut my phone wire and told me that I would have to contact BT and pay to have it reconnected. Rant over"

You got fencing? Lucky you

Oh yeah, my neighbour who lives on a corner plot had her tall, thick privit bulldozed away and a small metal fence put up - her garden is forever full of rubbish, her privacy is non existant now. I have had one side of my front replaced. On the back garden, I have had one small section of fencing - and they completed effed up the boundary line (im just up from the corner, all gardens go into each kind of thing) and they crossed the boundary after id told the workmen where the line was - and they went into someone elses garden - she werent impressed, shes owned her home for 30 or so years! It took them months to rectify it. Id have rather not have had the fencing done. Oh, and 2 doors away from me have had half the fence done (concrete posts and panels) so she has 2 sections done, and the other section they stuck a broken pallet into it and said theyd come another day to sort it has they hadnt got the right size on their van - that was April 2010.... not so lucky after all love.

Cowboys. They think because you are not paying for the work they can do a bodge job. If I owned my house and they did the rubbish job they've done, they wouldn't be getting paid