Victorian Christmas Market - Kelham Island 4-5 Dec (now cancelled)

Seems a shame to cancel it when the roads are finally clearing and buses starting to run. Kids will be absolutely gutted. Hope they re-schedule.

Yes it is a shame, I love going to the market each year. I doubt very much it will be rescheduled as it would be far to difficult to organise such a huge event for a different weekend just before Xmas!

I was supposed to be trading at the market over the weekend and i can let you know that they will not be rescheduling the show.

It has been cancelled due to "health and safety reasons".

Its an act of god as they call it and i know that no one is to blame but this cancellation is likely to be the end of my small business, before it had even had a chance.

I am sat in my home surronded by 7000 hand made chocolate truffles in 16 different flavours, 20 hand decorated/painted christmas fruitcakes, 250 bags of chocolate dipped florentine squares, not to mention all of the ingredients/stock to make around a further 1000 pieces of product.

Without making back at least the cost prices of these goods i may well just have to pack in the hopes of self employment and go back to being an employee.

Sorry to grumble but its been a long week and this news has crushed all of my spirits to say the least.

if you want to sell some on at cost, pop a price list up and im sure a lot of the forumers would help you out. If the price is right id buy some!

I was supposed to be trading at the market over the weekend and i can let you know that they will not be rescheduling the show.

Its an act of god as they call it and i know that no one is to blame but this cancellation is likely to be the end of my small business, before it had even had a chance.

I am sat in my home surronded by 7000 hand made chocolate truffles in 16 different flavours, 20 hand decorated/painted christmas fruitcakes, 250 bags of chocolate dipped florentine squares, not to mention all of the ingredients/stock to make around a further 1000 pieces of product.

Without making back at least the cost prices of these goods i may well just have to pack in the hopes of self employment and go back to being an employee.

Sorry to grumble but its been a long week and this news has crushed all of my spirits to say the least.

What about the markets on Fargate? Could be worth a try.

oh no thats not good at all! Is there no other markets happening you can have a stall at? What about the nether edge christmas market or the ones in town???

any stall holders who want to table at Julefest 11-3pm, Clifford School, Pslater Lane let us know as we're still on and have some tables left due to cancellations.

Please email [email protected] or PM if your interested and we'll get back to you

Kevin1969

Edited by kevin1969
omission

Joy!

We are now booked into the Nethedge Christmas Market on Sunday!!

Thankyou for all the helpful comments and posts.

If we do have any stock left over (most likely as we were stocked for Kelham which was very well attended 2 day event) then we shall also be at the Barkers Pool Farmers Market on the 23rd of December!

Thankyou all again xxx

It is a shame they couldn't just postpone rather than completely cancelling. :(

But I'm glad you've found another opportunity violeteyes21. :)

I live in the apartments next door and I am not supprised its cancelled, alma street has not been gritted all week and kelham island still has quite a covering of snow and the cobbled road has turned into an ice rink. Without proper gritting I didnt think this would happen!

We still have our Christmas Fayre at Heeley City Farm on Sat 11th Dec 11 - 3 and I am determined come hell or highwater(!!) that it is going ahead - even if we have to shovel all the snow away ourselves! We would love people to have stalls here although its outdoors only now (unless we can source a marquee covering for the road which we are working on!). Pm me if you are interested or email [email protected] :)

Yeahhh great news for you - does your stall have a name, so we can find you amongst the competitors?