Irritated belly button

Originally posted by dawny1

Is it pierced? If not do what men do to stop it getting moist and sweaty - stick some fluff in it to soak up any moisture! :D

Nope, its not pierced or anything...

I've been cleaning it regulary ( I already have some of the Clotrimazole, but I didnt think to use it) The new cream is working better than the antiseptic...

It still hurts and weeps a bit... Might pop up to NHS walk in clinic if its not cleared up by Wednesday...

Originally posted by pete_jim

There is probably a thread dealing with this already but I found accupuncture really helpful with my eczma, I would say a 99% success.

Thanks for the thought, but I know what causes my eczema and usually have it pretty well licked, but on holiday it was really hard to exclude cow's milk products so by the end of the week I was rather scabby. Getting sorted now I'm back on the sheep's milk.

My sis has trouble with this.and it all to do with washing her belly button to much.I know she just use boild water and salt mix and dab it on a ear bud and gently clean the area then dry it with a dry ear bud..She does it 3 times a day and after one night can tell diffrence.She only tried that when she hear that all i used on piercing i had done.

I did once hear of someone who's belly button did just this...

It was diagnosed as a remnant of poor umbillical tying from birth that had layed dormant till they were in their 40's when a separate coincidantal infection started to break down the 'scar tissue' behind the navel.... :(