Sign in to follow this  

Anywhere for over 40's in Sheffield or South Yorks?

I was asked this question the other day by a recently divorced friend. She's not particularly looking for a new partner, but would just like somewhere to go for a night out with other people of her age group. I honestly can't think of anywhere. One of our other friends suggested Brammall Lane. From what I've heard about this place though it is not what she's looking for. Any (sensible) suggestions please. She's not into clubbing, are there any wine bar type places that are freqented by mainly over 40's?

theres a pub on infirmary road george 4th what has a singles nite the one at b lane is bad i reckon most guys who go there are married etc anyway but the one on infirmiry road is ok id give that one a go .....ill try and find sum info for you

She'd be very welcometo join us - we're an activity & socia club for all age ranges over 18 & haev plenty of members in their 40s & 30s. We're not singles based - just a way of meeting new friends & building up a social (& adveture) life if you want to. We're called Spice (South Yorkshire).

Check us out at http://www.spicesyorks.com

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll pass them on. I don't think she'll be interested in the Singles Club, but the other she may be although if it's too organised I think she'll shy away from it. Anyway keep the suggestions coming and thanks again.

The place you are looking for is Trippets wine bar on Trippets Lane. It's intimate cosy and friendly and is frequented by people of all ages from 21 to 60 ( there's a high proportion of 30+ at the weekends) They do a great selection of wines and the food is good. The have live bands on Fri/Sat (60s/bluesy stuff) and a Jazz night on Thurs.

Originally posted by E-Man Groovin

The place you are looking for is Trippets wine bar on Trippets Lane. It's intimate cosy and friendly and is frequented by people of all ages from 21 to 60 ( there's a high proportion of 30+ at the weekends) They do a great selection of wines and the food is good. The have live bands on Fri/Sat (60s/bluesy stuff) and a Jazz night on Thurs.

They also have a fantastic DJ that plays Chill Out tunes on a Wednesday too.

So chilled out in fact it sends me to sleep, but a relaxing atmosphere none the less. Now who could that DJ be?

Menzels on Eccy Road is pretty good for the 'older' crowd. Not sure which night is best and there is the odd sleazeball but I guess you can't always avoid them!!

Casa (used to be Hanrahans) opposite the Hallamshire Hospital has always been a good mix of age groups also.

Originally posted by DaBouncer

They also have a fantastic DJ that plays Chill Out tunes on a Wednesday too.

So chilled out in fact it sends me to sleep, but a relaxing atmosphere none the less. Now who could that DJ be?

Haha DaBouncer!

Yes, o.k. that DJ is me! But Wednesday's are very lovely @ Trippets so maybe you and your friend would consider coming along. And say hello to the DJ (me) if you do.

Cheers

Peter/E-Man/Z-Man

Thanks everyone. A few suggestions to put to my friend. No doubt I'll get dragged along too, so I'll let you know. If anyone has any more they'll be welcome. Thanks again.:thumbsup:

Fun for the overy 40's.

The Devonshire in Dore has a knees up on Thursday's.

Vain and varicose types bopping to Billy Fury and Alma Cogan.