God Changes His Mind

I really don't know how reliable the results are (I have better network penetration test tools to hand) .

I bet you couldn't penetrate me. (Pun intended.) :D

Precisely, he gave us brains and common sense instead. :)

He gave us nothing.

He isnt real.

ShieldsUp says I am invisible and it passes every test.

QUOTE]

I can still see you Grahame . :hihi:

How's things?

ShieldsUp says I am invisible and it passes every test.

QUOTE]

I can still see you Grahame . :hihi:

How's things?

OK thanks, your obviously chippa. :thumbsup:

Do you really believe that the Pope hears the voice of God? :loopy:

I believe he believes he does.

As a point of interest,does anyone know why the Catholic church objects to contraception ?

Because it's a religion.

Religions are memes that seek to spread and out-compete other memes.

A meme is the cultural equivalent of a gene, and usefully describes how Darwinian principles might be extended to explain the spread of ideas and cultural phenomena, using humans as cultural replicators.

The most successful religions are the ones that have evolved to spread the ideas that help to increase the population of the people that carry those ideas. Contraception is wrong, abortion is wrong, women working outside the home is wrong, marriage that risks the offspring adopting another religion is wrong, large families are good, are all ideas that have been usefully used by all the major religions.

The only reason why the Catholic Church is making noises about being more relaxed about condom use is to address falling membership, nothing more, nothing less. The Catholic Church is evolving.

Because it's a religion.

A meme is the cultural equivalent of a gene, and usefully describes how Darwinian principles might be extended to explain the spread of ideas and cultural phenomena, using humans as cultural replicators.

The most successful religions are the ones that have evolved to spread the ideas that help to increase the population of the people that carry those ideas. Contraception is wrong, abortion is wrong, women working outside the home is wrong, marriage that risks the offspring adopting another religion is wrong, large families are good, are all ideas that have been usefully used by all the major religions.

The only reason why the Catholic Church is making noises about being more relaxed about condom use is to address falling membership, nothing more, nothing less. The Catholic Church is evolving.

:thumbsup:

And so that their collection plates are filled to overflowing.

To quote the late Ian Dury - There ain't half been some clever b***ards, lucky bl**ders, lucky bl**ders.

:hihi:

Because it's a religion.

By the same token,do other religions comdemn contraception use?

Can you elucidate please? What is your point?

Can you elucidate please? What is your point?

No point,genuine question, I don't understand the Catholic stance on contraception.If the reasoning the other poster used is correct,I wonder do other religions have the same view.

No point,genuine question, I don't understand the Catholic stance on contraception.If the reasoning the other poster used is correct,I wonder do other religions have the same view.

They increase their following by offering the alternative view,perhaps?

Other religions? Not to my knowledge.