Ice Skating - Thurs 25th November

Hi all,

November's Social will be Ice Skating. Ice Sheffield as it has a bar!

:)

Ice Skating is on Thursday 25th November at Ice Sheffield. I'm hoping we'll also have 30 minutes coaching for those of us that may feel a bit nervous getting on the ice...

Update re. coaching: It turns out the date is during the British Figure Skating Championships (held at Ice Sheffield), so unfortunately we have no coach/steward, which had been part of the original plan. But hey, you'll be fine!

The cost is £3.70 including skate hire. It happens to be student night, so if you have an NUS card it's £2.60 incl. skate hire.

Ice Sheffield has a cafe next to the rink and a bar upstairs; there are actually 2 rinks so it might be possible to watch people practising for [the following day of] the figure skating championships.

The session runs to 10pm, meet at 7:30pm so I can collect money etc. and also so that we get in and get our skates on (literally) before the session; afterwards we'll collapse in the bar...

Please sign up for the event here - please say whether or not you have an NUS card.

Ice Sheffield location: It's in Attercliffe at the junction of Attercliffe Common and Coleridge Road, click here for a map.

Sorry for the delay in getting this together: I've started a new message thread for people to sign up; Ice Sheffield oddly don't do group bookings on Saturday so Thursday 25th looks like a good bet (Pond's Forge sports hall unavailable that evening for badminton).

Ice Skating:

Signed up:

Andrew R

Gareth

Paul + Marie

Justin

Interested, TBC:

Joel

Matt (NUS)

JenF

Jack (NUS)

Natalie (NUS)

Mark (NUS)

Nisha (NUS)

Ed

James

Trevor (NUS)

Sarah (NUS)

Bernhard

Pete

Yarik (?)

Melissa (?)

Edited by alko27

I've finally got the info together - Queens Road is now a roller skating rink only (another time?); Ice Sheffield is the place to be. They do evening sessions on Weds / Thurs / Fri / Sat. I'll bring the details tonight...

Re. curling that's on Saturday evenings...

I will be in Mexico, so can't make it

Hi, myself + 1 are interested in coming too to ice skating. Wasn't sure who to contact but hopefully this will feed down to someone!

Thanks

Apologies for gatecrashing your thread, but I've got some really interesting mental pictures about badminton on ice going on at the moment :)

Hope you have a lovely time- please don't forget the pictures.

Andrea is coming.

Cheers

Final tally: 14 skating, a great night out!

Apologies to anyone there who couldn't find the pub I described, it turned out to be called The Greyhound, and it also happened to be shut! We ended up in the Queens Head instead, knowing it would be open.

Edited by AndrewR

Hey Andrew, I'll be there

Can I get alift off anyonw, am interested in jus comin to watch.... txt 07982 237992. Cheers Samx (Put No. as may not get online 2moro)

Late reply from me but I'm in too (no NUS card).

Cheers,

Joel