Bridge Inn at Ford

Mod note: Any speculation or gossip about the owners of this, or any, pub, be they past, present or future, is against our forum rules and will be deleted.

If this persists, the thread will be closed.

Rad: Are we allowed to ask what brought about the use of your words Speculation and Gossip??

I never wish to offend/mislead anyone, and my comments are my personal opinion, as I am sure everyone else's are, and not gossip. I think people are just bringing it to the landlords attention why they do not visit anymore. And personally speaking, if this were my pub I would be happy for this knowledge- the more people you please, escpecially in a public related business, the more revenue you earn...

Opinions on the pub are fine, and the landlord has interacted with those on this thread. However, malicious rumours, speculation and gossip are not acceptable on the SF, regardless of whether 'everyone is talking about it'. Legally, we would be in a precarious position if we allowed such posts on here, regardless of who/what those posts were about, and we therefore have to remove them in order to protect the forum.

I have to stick up for Steve as he has never been anything except welcoming and friendly to me and the wife when we have been in with friends who have a farm near him.

I guess though that you can't please all people all of the time.

It used to be a good pub.

Last time I went for an afternoon pint it was closed, had to go up to Marsh Lane. I don't bother making the trip out now.

.after sitting here reading everyone's comments for a few weeks i am finding it hard to understand why the moderator seems to think that people are speculating and spreading malicious gossip about the landlord and his family. it seems to me that people are just stating their own experiences of visits to the place and are quite entitled to their say, i haven't read anything that i would consider unfit to be on here and can only wonder if the comments that have been removed have been done so on someones say so. ....someone that is or has something to do with the place concerned..!!

if these comments are considered liable to be removed then i suggest the moderator should take a look at other threads concerning landlords and landladies of pubs which have been written by people who have been malicious gossips and in some places down right insultive .....why have they not been removed??

and in answer to the question of where are the clique and sportscar brigade now ..it seems that they move about and have gone from the ridgeway arms to the phoenix to the bridge and now are at the devonshire arms.

unfortunately there has been a few landlords and landladies that have run the bridge who seem to think they can be the duke and duchess of ridgeway and have fell foul as it doesn't work that way...!!

There have been several posts removed from this thread in the past few weeks for the reasons explained above. We would do the same for posts of such a nature on any thread, were we aware of such posts' existence from forum users reporting them to us.

If you wish to discuss anything specific, please contact the helpdesk. Any more speculation, rumour or discussion of the moderation of this thread and it will be closed.

sorry but i have read the threads removed and feel you are taking this removal too far..perhaps it would be best all round if it was closed as obviously some people can't bear to hear the truth can they.....

As it appears that people are unable to heed warnings the thread has been closed.