Happyhippy (R.I.P.) - Funeral details now in OP

I was so shocked to read this terrible news, my thoughts go out to his family.

RIP HH xx

So sorry to hear about HappyHippy passing on.

He was what I would call a true forummer - always posted with such insight.

This forum will be a poorer place without him.

Condolences to all those who knew and loved him.

I have been asked to copy tributes across from Final Furlong Racing, a racing forum Grahame posted on, as a mark of respect for the great man.

Trudij

Holy cow.

Top top guy, gone WAY too soon. Thoughts with his family at such a sad time - RIP HH, you will most definately be missed.

xx

jinnyj

OMG - I can't believe what I have just read. That is so, so sad. RIP to a great poster. You will be missed.

Mordy

Well I have to say, my first reaction was one of doubt given the number of pranks that get played in cyberspace, but having just flicked at his beloved Sheffield Forum it appears to be true. There's about 10 pages of tributes to him and an opening post from the admin team to confirm it.

Truly shocking

terry

My god, that's truly shocking. He was one of the best guys round here. Seems as if his name was Grahame and he was only 36. Died of a heart attack according to one of the Sheffield forums. That's no age at all is it? Terrible news.

Mick

I never met Grahame and I'm absolutely stunned. RIP mate.

Hoofhearted

I'm desperately saddened to hear this terrible news.

R.I.P Happyhippy.

tiger-lily

Oh my dear God ....what a shock when i read this.....i always enjoyed reading his posts and i will miss him on here...

RIP HH x

exiled_yorkie

Bloody 'ell,desperately sad news.

Happy

Sad news indeed RIP

Simon

I have known Grahame for quite a while, and it was him who brought me here after contacting me on the Sheffield Forum where I used to post a bit, about our mutual interest in racing. A lovely bloke and a real sad loss at such a young age. I couldn't believe it when I was reading.

quixallcrossett

I can only reiterate what everyone else has said. Really really sad & I feel for his family & children. RIP HH.,

RayH

What terrible news. His last post hinted something was wrong but I had no idea anything serious was amiss.

His posts were unfailingly sensible and constructive. He could see the best in everyone and resisted the temptation to slate anyone who came up with views, however strongly expressed, which did not accord with his. He always tried to counter them with logical and restrained argument.

I mentioned in a post some problems we were having with the costs of my mother's healthcare and Grahame responded with a number of PMs, offering his knowledge and pointing us in the right direction. This was completely unsolicited and unexpected.

RIP Grahame. One of the good 'uns, there's no doubt.

PDJ

That's awful news. RIP a top bloke and his articulate posts and humour will be much missed.

louisew

My thoughts are with his family,RIP happyhippy.

terry

We had a lot of common interests - racing, football, cricket, politics, Beatles/Lennon. I mean, there's not a lot else is there? Was always good watching him dismantle someone's comments on housing benefit or such like, line by line. I'll miss him a lot.

He loved that first Lennon solo album, 'Plastic Ono Band', so here's a track for Grahame. RIP.

http://www.youtube.com/njG7p6CSbCU

RayH

This is the photo Grahame sent me when I was doing a collage of FF members for Ted's 50th birthday celebrations. I suspect it dates back to his student days! He liked his ale, didn't he?

HH.jpg

keith

the word SPEECHLESS springs into my mind

R.I.P mate i'm shocked

archie

Very sad news. RIP.

mistercee

shocked.

thoughts with his family.

merlin_the_magician

Yes such a shock R.I.P. mate... that's no age at all, and to his family and friends my condolences too...........

Ted

I'm absolutely stunned to read of Happy Hippy's passing.

Despite he and I being total opposites politically, I always found him to be a most reasonable person, who never ever threw his toys out of the pram, no matter how much he disagreed with you.

I had a lot of time for HH, and I'm pleased that I made that clear to him on a number of ocassions.

I remember spamming the Sheffield forum a few years ago on one of the horse racing threads they had on there, I mentioned this place, and about an hour later Happy Hippy had signed up, to be followed not long after by Simon.

HH was a great addition to this forum, one of the good guys who will be sorely missed.

R.I.P Grahame.

Wayward_Lad

Awful news. A good bloke and positive contributor.RIP

The_Cardiffian

Sad to hear the News. R I P. Grahame.

Maurice

HH was one whose posts I most looked forward to reading, so measured, sensible and sensitive. I'd no idea he was so young. This will take time to sink in.

Midnight_Court

What desperately sad news. RIP HH

Andy

I'm shocked and stunned by his passing my thoughts go out to his family he will be sadly missed, top geezer who never lost it. R.I.P.

Galileo

Very sad new - thoughts go out to his family, friends and the forum members who knew him. RIP.

Latefortheraces

Terrible news, condolences to his family.

Michael

:/ RIP

Songsheet

So very sorry to read this news, sincere sympathies to his family.

bob_rolf

That is really sad news and at such an early age

My thoughts are with Grahame's family

RIP Happyhippy

Eistedfodd

Very saddened to hear this terrible news. Thoughts with his family at a desperate time for them.

Flash

Very sad ,that's no age at all! My condolences to all concerned.

Kirsty

I am shocked to be reading this, R.I.P HH my thoughts are with the family.

I also got choked up by the amount of messages and responses from everybody you will be missed dearly by lots xx

crazyjoe

I am so saddened to hear the news about HH.

My thoughts are with his family at this desperately sad time.

Edited by esme
bold tags

I’ve just seen this thread and I am equally as shocked and saddened to hear this news, as everyone else. :(

I first came across HH not so long after joining. He and MacBeth (amongst a few others) helped me a great deal (more with stress, than technical issues) when I had housing issues... that help of which I was/ still am deeply grateful for.

In those early days of ‘night time mischief’, he was always around (later in time of course, he was to be one of the people mopping things up before the morning... me included, I know!), but during that time and over many years, I exchanged countless PM’s with him during the night - (he struck me as being like me, in the sense of enjoying the peace and quiet of the night)... we chatted obviously about the Blades, but also our interest in non-league footy, beverages, about life in general, 'his kitchen', and of course his beloved girls.

One night stands out in my mind: I remember Christmas Day night I think 06, or 07! (one of those, as I was living at Commonside), and we ended up chatting in PM whilst nursing a drink or two… and by 5 or 6 am, the messages had been reduced from reasonable debate about one thing or another... to the textual equivalent of ‘vocal grunts’... suggesting that we’d both nursed one too many. :hihi: (amazing how one Christmas simple p*** up can turn from a distant thought, into an amusing and treasured memory).

When he changed his ‘location’ to ‘back of gangway B’, I messaged him to tell him I was the same (back of the Kop- Gangway B)… turns out, he sat just 5 or 6 rows behind me – ‘you never know how close you are to a forummer’. We arranged on a few occasions to meet up before the match at a family friendly pub, but reasons, whatever, and me stopping going to The Lane ™, meant this plan never transpired… now much to my regret. The nearest face to face conversation I had with Grahame was whilst scuffling out of the back of the kop, and ‘garbage!!’ being said, and nods of mutual agreement being exchanged.

A hugely knowledgeable, logical, reasonable and wise man, who I learned a lot from (mostly Latinal (I'm making words up now) sarcasm!). He had a great sense of humour, often so dry and subtle, that it swooshed over some people’s heads!

Such sad news, my thoughts are with his family, his friends and his daughters.

RIP G

*_ash_*

RIP Sir

My thoughts are with his family and friends at this sad time

Oh Happyhippy :(

My condolences to his family and friends what a sad loss.

I'll miss our chats about rock music late into the night

I'll miss your good advice, even the bits I argued with you over, it was still good

I'll miss the way you still cared even when you had your own troubles

I'll miss you

we never met, but you taught me a lot, thank you

I'll miss our chats about rock music late into the night

I'll miss your good advice, even the bits I argued with you over, it was still good

I'll miss the way you still cared even when you had your own troubles

I'll miss you

we never met, but you taught me a lot, thank you

What a lovely tribute.:)

Lestat has asked us to post the following message as he is not currently able to do so:

'RIP Happyhippy, a top bloke I am happy to have met. Such sad news on your passing, many, many sympathies and condolences to your family, you will be truly missed by everyone'