Happyhippy (R.I.P.) - Funeral details now in OP

I cant add anything that hasn’t already been said other than to add my name as a well-wisher to his family and all those that knew him.

R.I.P. Happyhippy

Great bloke and a big loss.

Gutted for his family and especially his very young children.

Knew him outside of the forums and always had time for a good chat.

:(

I aint soppy and never met HH but this has given me quite some h20 from the old mince pies :cry:

Strange isnt it ? never met and the loss seems as real as someone I have known for a long time. Such is this forum :(

It is strange how you can feel loss for someone you've never met, I feel the same. Such very sad news, my thoughts go out to his family and friends. RIP HH - you'll be missed.

He'll be missed by us all on Sheffield forum ... Rest in peace x

Just trying to take in the news that Happy Hippy has passed away. R.I.P. Grahame. I will have a pint in your honour in the Lion today but will miss your banter mate.

Condolences to all his family and friends.

Edited by Silverblade

Strange isnt it ? never met and the loss seems as real as someone I have known for a long time. Such is this forum :(

I echo that sentiment h2m, it really did shake me up this morning.

Hippy was a top quality poster, moderator and from reading the post from his ex partner he was a wonderful human being and father, we can't shuffle off this mortal coil with a better endorsement than that.

RIP old mate, you'll be sorely missed from us all here :thumbsup:

I aint soppy and never met HH but this has given me quite some h20 from the old mince pies :cry:

dont worry about it dude, the tears have just welled up in my eyes too reading the tributes in this thread that have appeared since i last posted.

to me it seems all the more sad and shocking that he was posting in the mid afternoon, by evening he'd gone.

it shows how fragile life can be and we should make the most of it.

That’s the most important thing we can all take away from this sad news.

I only ever seem to come here now to post on threads like this, last time was Owdlad, now HappyHippy. After RubyD posted on Facebook I wanted to pop by and post.

Sincere condolences from myself and Starsparkle - I didn't know HH that well but StarSparkle had more contact with him than me. It's a very young age - our thoughts and prayers are with his daughters, other family and friends at this time. I'll certainly remember him in my prayers.

I don't really know what HH's spiritual beliefs were, but I find this piece from a 19th Century Canon to be very comforting, especially at times when death was sudden and unexpected.

"Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away into the next room. I am I, and you are you. Whatever we were to each other, that we still are. Call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the easy way that you always used. Put no difference in your tone, wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was, let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of a shadow on it.

Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was; there is unbroken continuity. Whyshould I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am waiting for you, for an interval,somewhere very near, just round the corner.

All is well."

Henry Scott Holland ( 1847-1918 )

Canon of St. Paul’s Cathedral

Edited by JoeP
Dealing with an accidental smiley.

That’s the most important thing we can all take away from this sad news.

Indeed - don't put off saying or doing anything for those you love until another 'better' time; this could well be the only time you get.

Henry Scott Holland (1847-1918)

Canon of St. Paul’s Cathedral

Very moving and a nice sediment ……….. "Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away into the next room"

Oh dear i remember reading a few of his posts and I am sure I have spoken to him through pm once or twice, my partner knows of his posts too. He's one of the well known people on here and its sad to hear that he's passed away so young. Although i didnt know him personally i've welled up just reading how many peoples lives he touched.

My thoughts are with all of you who were close to him, and to his family.

RIP HappyHippy