Spare percy pud number?

Hi. Just wondering if anyone has a number for this years percy that they can`t use. Obviously i`ll pay for it.

The way the weather looks just now I'd pay you to take mine!!

Heh, ho, adds to the challenge - and that's before getting to the start!!

I have one due to injury. I have a friend running who get it to you on Sunday - assuming it's on/she runs etc. Or... if you can get into town you could collect from where I work??

Snipped this from the Percy Pud site:

"Percy Pud 10km - decision to be made Thursday....In the light of heavy snow fall in Sheffield on Tuesday evening and more forecast for Wednesday evening a decision will be made on Thursday 2nd December as to whether it is feasible to hold the race on its scheduled date or whether to postpone it."

At present we'll not be able to reach the start, let alone park and do a run!

"The Percy Pud 10km race, due to take place this Sunday, has been postponed due to excessive snow on the course and on surrounding side roads making parking impossible. The race will now take place on Sunday 12th December starting at 9.30am."

Let's hope the weather is a bit better by then:-)

I have just seen that is it postponed til 12 December.

Does anyone know how we get in touch with the race organisers or what the policy is as I cannot make the 12th so want to know if:

A We get a refund

B If no refund can we get a guranteed place for next year?

Anyone any clues?

Thanks

Alison

I have just seen that is it postponed til 12 December.

Does anyone know how we get in touch with the race organisers or what the policy is as I cannot make the 12th so want to know if:

A We get a refund

B If no refund can we get a guranteed place for next year?

Anyone any clues?

Thanks

Alison

I`mwondering the same as I`ve got another race on that day!

I imagine a lot of people won't be able to make the new date. There's all kinds of other races going on including the last south yorkshire cross country.

From Steel City Striders website;

"The Percy Pud 10km race, due to take place on Sunday 5th December, has been postponed due to adverse weather conditions. Hopefully the race will now take place on Sunday 12th December starting at 9.30am. A further announcement will be made on Thursday 9th December. The race will only take place if all safety considerations can be met and there is adequate parking space available on neighbouring streets. Please try and share a lift. We realise that some entrants will not be able to run on this new date but we are keen that if at all possible the race will go ahead. NB Sorry no refunds and deferred entries."

Yes, I guess many will not be able to do the new date, but as the race is always over-subscribed there must be lots of people who might now want your tickets? (except they may not have trained up??)

I for one, have a friend who wanted to do it but didn't get a place. If the race is due to go ahead on the 12th (I'm still a bit doubtful myself as i don't think they'll have enough safe parking etc), I'd like to buy one of your spare entries. We'll know on the 9th so if you want to sell yours please PM me?

Thanks

Edited by Tallgrass