Indestructible dog beds?

What about the hammock beds?? Either Durabed or the hammock ones. The hammock ones are comfier without anything in them though - cos they aren't as hard on the bottom as the durabeds. :)

our two dogs have destroyed every bed going, even undestructable ones and i am at my wits end.

they have also gone through old carpet, wood, rubber, 3 layers of lino and now into concrete. they have even gone through doors and cupboards

never thought about paper but i think they would just eat that as if any is on the floor from the other animals they soon get hold of it.

with duvets i can see them ripping it and pulling the stuffing out, as they tend to do that with every other thing similar.

again any ideas would be great, and at least i know it's not just ours as i was beginning to think it was

How about spraying a normal bed with an anti-chew deterrent?

Brude used to be a bedding chewer, but we trained him out of it - though that takes time!

Hi all if you have a problem with your dogs with beds being destroied check these beds out. iv brought one and tested it out and now i have 4 of them in my Kennals. they are big enough to get a labrador and 2 cockers in each one.

.co.uk having to put it like this cos wont let me post a web address

Skye used to love ripping the stuffing out of beds and I got so fed up of it I bought her a single mattress and put a water proof sheet on it with a normal sheet on top so I can shake them out and bung them in the washer.

Of course a mattress isn't ideal for crates but if you are happy to give up on the crate you can get single mattresses for £40.

these beds are made of fibreglass and aluminium so easy to wash and u can buy a mattress to go in the bottom

Rekindling this thread. Our gently ageing Clumber (now 8,5 years) currently sleeps in his in-house bench with two "faux" sheepskin vet-beds, he grew up as a proper kennel working dog so he is fine with that.

However, I have recently (with the snow!) noticed he seems cold quite frequently, he has a tendency to scramble his vet-beds together and curl up right on top of them, I added another one but he just adds that to the pile. So I've been considering getting him a "proper" bed that lifts him off the floor a bit and will keep him warm.

It has to be scratch proof as he does have a tendency to scratch his bed (he destroyed his first dog-bed in about 24 hours, weirdly enough he doesn't scratch anything else). It also has to be able to deal with water because his coat has a tendency to hold water. As a consequence it has to be easy to clean, as it isn't just water his coat holds and he has a propensity for finding the muddiest puddles out there...

I looked at all the different 'indestructible' beds online but really don't quite know where to go. Should I just get him another bunch of the same vet-beds (which are pretty incredible, IF he didn't scramble them together) or something like a 'Tuffie' bed?

Rekindling this thread. Our gently ageing Clumber (now 8,5 years) currently sleeps in his in-house bench with two "faux" sheepskin vet-beds, he grew up as a proper kennel working dog so he is fine with that.

However, I have recently (with the snow!) noticed he seems cold quite frequently, he has a tendency to scramble his vet-beds together and curl up right on top of them, I added another one but he just adds that to the pile. So I've been considering getting him a "proper" bed that lifts him off the floor a bit and will keep him warm.

It has to be scratch proof as he does have a tendency to scratch his bed (he destroyed his first dog-bed in about 24 hours, weirdly enough he doesn't scratch anything else). It also has to be able to deal with water because his coat has a tendency to hold water. As a consequence it has to be easy to clean, as it isn't just water his coat holds and he has a propensity for finding the muddiest puddles out there...

I looked at all the different 'indestructible' beds online but really don't quite know where to go. Should I just get him another bunch of the same vet-beds (which are pretty incredible, IF he didn't scramble them together) or something like a 'Tuffie' bed?

Would he "kill" a duvet? they are lovely and soft and warm and you could put it in a cover to protect it a little.

I have Labradors I've given up trying to get an indestructible bed because they don't exist .

I just use a vet bed with fleece blankets on top .

Would he "kill" a duvet? they are lovely and soft and warm and you could put it in a cover to protect it a little.

I'm afraid that wouldn't last a night although I think we have an old one knocking about somewhere, you can also wash them... might be worth trying!

@rubydo1 our clumsy isn't intent on destroying things, he is just clumsily destroying things :hihi: he might have mellowed over the years, he used to eat the post quite regularly and doesn't do that at all anymore.