Indestructible dog beds?

I've looked at a few 'almost indestructible' dog beds but to be perfectly honest am not entirely sure they'd stand up to Bubble... yes, I finally have a 'true dalmatian' that likes to destroy just about anything.

To be frank, I'm fed up of having to sweep up the stuffing from her bed and she currently sleeps on the innards of her bed that have managed to remain inside the crate, however - the bed itself is destroyed, yet again!

Anybody have an ideas for extra tough/indestructible beds that would fit in a crate? I can't even let her sleep on nothing or just a vet bed because she barks all night telling us she's not comfy :rolleyes:

my sis springer isnt destructive otherwise but always chews his bed (weirdo lol) comfort thing i think. anyway she always had him in a plastic dog bed with just a blanket in and i kept calling it prison camp lol so she caved and tried him again with a kennel mattress the tough ones for outdoor kennels and he hasnt managed to get through that yet. im sure he could chew it if he wanted but its more durable than the other soft beds she had used and i think maybe not as satisfying for him to mouth. maybe worth a try?

Hi Lotti I once had a Tuffie virtually indestructible bed but had to get rid cos the daft dobermutt refused to sleep on anything remotely intended for a dog. She only does sofas or human beds these days! They advertise in the dog mags and I'd be very surprised if even Bubble could work her way through one but I get the feeling she's up for the challenge...

my 2 boxers are the same lotti tore all the bottoms out of there beds,cushions on the floor now,to wee on:rolleyes:

the ruff tuff beds at p@h dont look that strong,

my 2 have trashed 2 of the ruff tuff toys they are only 5 and 9 months lol

shouldnt moan never chewed any furniture:)

Dexters kudos bed has stood up to alot of digging from Clover. But as you were there when i brought it you know it was very very expensive for a dog bed. They both absolutely love it in terms of comfort Ill be getting Clover one of her own soon.

I'm so lucky that Molly looks after her toys and beds!

Would there be any mileage in making up a bed from the cheapy IKEA vet bedding, although you'd need a few of them probably? They're much cheaper than standard pet bedding but they only come in one size so you may need to sew 2 of them together to make an area big enough for Bubble to sleep on. They're a fiver each BTW.

Thanks guys.

Vet bedding isn't an option unfortunately because she just complains all night that she's uncomfortable!

I've looked at the Tuffie's beds but the only 'chewproof' one won't fit in her crate (and I am not leaving that thing unsupervised without crating it!!)

Bubble's breeder keeps her dogs outside with shredded paper which keeps them very warm because they destroy everything else she has put in their kennel. Unfortunately I don't think it would be easy to contain shredded paper in her crate!!

What about the thick rubber that you can buy? costco have them as mats.

A lot of breeders and also boarders use them - should be ok for you to keep her on and isn't bad for the joints either.

Hmm, something that Bubble can't destroy. Titanium?? Cheap supermarket duvets may be an option, she might not trash them if she can keep the fluff from the first trashing in the crate. Yes, sorry, that wasn't very helpful was it!! :hihi:

I've looked at a few 'almost indestructible' dog beds but to be perfectly honest am not entirely sure they'd stand up to Bubble... yes, I finally have a 'true dalmatian' that likes to destroy just about anything.

To be frank, I'm fed up of having to sweep up the stuffing from her bed and she currently sleeps on the innards of her bed that have managed to remain inside the crate, however - the bed itself is destroyed, yet again!

Anybody have an ideas for extra tough/indestructible beds that would fit in a crate? I can't even let her sleep on nothing or just a vet bed because she barks all night telling us she's not comfy :rolleyes:

If you find an indestructible comfy bed - please let me know :hihi:

My bulldog and my shepherd chew what ever bedding they have - they have thick blankets at the moment which are full of holes :roll: and by the time they need washing - they need to see the bin!

Mattai - my bulldog thing - NEEDS a comfy bed as she isn't good on her back legs and laying on hard floors/beds makes her stiff and limp - but the dosey mare has gone through 3 comfy pet beds and a thick camp bed mattress plus lots of fleece blankets :loopy: and the shepherd - well, say no more :)

What about a couple of layers of vetbed? One of mine chews vetbed all day if you let him, no visible effect to the vb itself. Don't buy it from pets at home or the like though, it's very expensive there.

I have a tuffie, only gets used in the vehicle because otherwise none of them want to sleep on it. Pity really because it looks like they really tried very hard when they designed them.