Memories Of Walkley

Hi

I'm from Walkley, went to Burgoyne Road School, 1952 to 1962. Lived on Cyprus Terrace off Burgoyne Road.

I remember the smith twins but not their first names and I remember Julie Slack.

I am David Smith my brother was Paul and we lived on Hoole Street just above Julie and Tracey and Steven slack

---------- Post added 08-10-2015 at 20:34 ----------

paul smith was my 1st bf when i was 8 we all used to go to abc saturday morning club

Hi. I'm David the quiet one out of the twins. I remember all those names. Good owd days. Lol

My Dad went to Bole Hill School in 1940s, lived on Moorsyde Avenue nr bus terminus. John Welton

My Dad went to Bole Hill School in 1940s, lived on Moorsyde Avenue nr bus terminus. John Welton

Must have been neighbors though I was probably a little younger than him.

I was born at 128 industry street, my late parents lived there all their married lives their name was Nettleship.I went to Burgoyne road school.

Hi I went to Burgoyne road school1958-1964 we had a Keith Nettleship in our class is this you my name was Lynn Reynolds

---------- Post added 31-10-2015 at 22:36 ----------

Hi I went to Burgoyne road school 1958-1964 we had a Keith Nettleship in our class is this you my name was Lynn Reynolds

Hi All, I was born on Walkley Street in 1963, we moved to Elton Street and I went to Burgoyne Road Infants. We left Walkley in 1972 due to compulsary purchase. I remember a few names from Elton Street, Donna Wardlow, Carol and Lee Morfitt, Leslie Carter, David Baker, Paul Thompson. My uncle was Ray Kent, sister Michele Unwin and brother Martin. I remember playing in the street (it was safe to do so back then), happy memories

Must have been neighbors though I was probably a little younger than him.

What number did you live at? I knew the Hancocks and the Cowleys in the late 60s. My dad was at No 4

What number did you live at? I knew the Hancocks and the Cowleys in the late 60s. My dad was at No 4

I remember a lad called Bryan Hare who, unfortunately, died young. He was born around 1959, had a younger sister, mum and dad (might also have been called Bryan). They lived on corner of Walkley Street and Hoole Street in the house that I think used to be a shop opposite what used to be Co-op.

Still remember mom's co-op number and being allowed collect a block of ice cream from shop on corner of Walkley Street and Industry Street as a special treat.

We lived at 4 Walkley Court, then moved to 39 Elton Street. I was 7 and half when we left Walkley. Whats your name Cazzerb65? Maybe I remember you?

---------- Post added 02-11-2015 at 20:11 ----------

I am David Smith my brother was Paul and we lived on Hoole Street just above Julie and Tracey and Steven slack

---------- Post added 08-10-2015 at 20:34 ----------

Hi. I'm David the quiet one out of the twins. I remember all those names. Good owd days. Lol

Hi David, I think you and Paul were in my infant class. I also (vaguely) remember a Tracy Slack, Julie Cutts. I think one of my teachers was called Miss Penrose.

There was a swimming pool in Rivelin Valley in the 1920s early 30s,

it was further up the valley than the Donkey Woods. Situated over the

bridge, where the path leads up through the wood to Roscoe Bank.

Maybe this is what your fathers friend is thinking about.

You could still walk through the old swimming pool in the 50s although by then it was overgrown with bushes etc and the water was flowing but only a few inches deep.

If you had wellies on you could move the slurry and feel the solid bottom of the old swimming pool

I was born and lived on Daniel hill street and went to upperthorpe school and onto Myers grove I loved walkley and the people but we moved away to woodseats my name is mick cooper

I lived on the Crescent from 1944 to 1968