Don't trust your own eyesight. It's official!

Why some are you are suprised that the copper got off with it is beyond me.

I'm not tarring them all with the same brush, but there are the ones that think they have the power to treat people this way, I'm not saying it'san easy job and having to deal with drunks, drug addicts, violent people ect...But they are trained to rise above it, and handle people without causing harm to anyone involved!

The officer who did this is twice the build of the women involved, he knew exactly what he was doing, he could have handled 'her' in a more profesional manner.

I'm not tarring them all with the same brush, but there are the ones that think they have the power to treat people this way, I'm not saying it'san easy job and having to deal with drunks, drug addicts, violent people ect...But they are trained to rise above it, and handle people without causing harm to anyone involved!

The officer who did this is twice the build of the women involved, he knew exactly what he was doing, he could have handled 'her' in a more profesional manner.

Yep, the bullying thug should have been sacked, esp in the current climate when some police forces will be sacking cops. he should be no1 on the list.

Possibly, but we didnt see the lead up to the incident so its hard to comment.

Yep, the bullying thug should have been sacked, esp in the current climate when some police forces will be sacking cops. he should be no1 on the list.

Alright mate, if you like.

Have you seen the photo of her face??

She does look out of order but aren't the police trained to deal with people like that? I'm pretty sure that no part of that training consists of that.

I'm quite pleased to hear of this Officer's name being cleared.

Despite this woman's protestations to the contrary, she was clearly acting the **** and isn't as white as she'd like to paint herself.

Thats copper is an animal!

Sadly all too many of our bobbies have a tendancy to be a bit 'slappy happy'. :(

Indeed. I've actually witnessed a "police officer" using excessive force (against a small, demure female) this year who was trying to comply with the officer's wishes (to the point where she was left with quite a few bruises on her arms and legs).

I now no longer trust the police to do their job in a professional manner, which is a bit of a shame as my brother is in the force:(.

Despite this woman's protestations to the contrary, she was clearly acting the **** and isn't as white as she'd like to paint herself.

It seems the assistant chief constable didn't see it that way,

Following his conviction, Assistant Chief Constable Patrick Geenty said he was "a disgrace" to the force and added: "There is no place in Wiltshire Police for an officer like this."

Mr Geenty said at the time he fully supported the comments of the trial judge, Deputy District Judge Peter Greenfield, who said the officer had "presided over an atmosphere of bullying and intimidation upon Ms Somerville".

"After consideration of the facts as I subjectively interpret them, you have been found guilty of acting the **** and I sentence you to be thrown around until your face bursts open."

"After consideration of the facts as I subjectively interpret them, you have been found guilty of acting the **** and I sentence you to be thrown around until your face bursts open."

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Indeed. I've actually witnessed a "police officer" using excessive force (against a small, demure female) this year who was trying to comply with the officer's wishes (to the point where she was left with quite a few bruises on her arms and legs).

I now no longer trust the police to do their job in a professional manner, which is a bit of a shame as my brother is in the force:(.

Thats sad.

Whats even sadder is how far down the police in general have slipped.

I still remember my local bobby from when i was a lad.

Cracking fella and a far cry from todays former school bullies/bullied and other psycos who have used the lax entry standards to carve a life out in the force.

Thats sad.

Whats even sadder is how far down the police in general have slipped.

I still remember my local bobby from when i was a lad.

Cracking fella and a far cry from todays former school bullies/bullied and other psycos who have used the lax entry standards to carve a life out in the force.

Not going to generalise here, but the only guy I've ever known who was training to be a copper was a racist with an inferiority complex and a chip on his shoulder... I badly prayed he wouldn't make it onto the force because adding power into that calculation is a formula for disaster. :shakes: