Hucklow Road School

hi alan we have spoke before i'm chris's neice

Hi, I went to Hucklow Road school in 1959. I remember Miss Cornthwaite and Miss Toes and try to forget Miss Clark!

I went up to Shiregreen and then Hinde House.

Hi,

Anyone go to Hucklow Road School in Firth Park in the 50's?

Thanks

There is a reunion Wednesday 16th May 7.30pm at Davy Sports Club Prince of Wales Road. Lets get as many there as possible. Tell your classmates if you are still in touch...spread the word...see you there

phil dickens lived on corner of bolsover road later on with (wife josie)and x2 kids ?? boy and girl kirsty,john.

i remember mr howe,but i went to hucklow in early 80,s

mr garret was headmaster lesley garrett,s dad

Anybody know when Mr Bradley retired as Headmaster?

Mr Vincent Bradley was the headteacher of the juniors in 1962 the year I left. Mr Bradley was the conductor with the Halley Orchestra and he and Mr Lord taught me to play the violin.

Are you one of the class of 62? If you look on the hinde house thread I have left a list of names you might remember

Alan Fergus

Hi. Sorry I can't find the Hinde House thread, do you have a link? You must have been in the same class as me. I played the clarinet in the orchestra.

Hi. Sorry I can't find the Hinde House thread, do you have a link? You must have been in the same class as me. I played the clarinet in the orchestra.

Hi ibbo, here is the list you wanted

All these people were in my year I believe,(left in 1962) we should all be 60/61yrs old. I would love to hear from you all and share some memories. Sorry to any I have forgotten, my memory is not as sharp as it was.

Robert Brian, Norman Coldwell, Limbert Collins,Wilbert Collins, Robert Cook, Geoffrey Cooke, Stephen Cotterril, Christopher Dickens, Brian Dickenson, Alan Fergus, Gordon lennihan, JohnLewis, Alan Middleton, Stephen Moffat, Billy Moulds, leslie Nicholson, Brian Norris, Henry Parkin, Graham Sanderson, DavidSpencer, Alan Stone, Brian Swallow, Neil Sykes, Peter Unwin,

Barbara Antcliffe, Beryl Atter, Tina Crawford, Theresa Dring, Christine Downes,

Pauline France, Maureen Gladsby, Elizabeth Lill, Carol Loukes, Jean Menzies,

Pauline Newton, Cathleen Parker, Josephine Proctor, Andrea Smith,

Patricia Smith, Linda Smithson, Susan Stokes, Pamela Walshaw,

Hi ibbo, here is the list you wanted

All these people were in my year I believe,(left in 1962) we should all be 60/61yrs old. I would love to hear from you all and share some memories. Sorry to any I have forgotten, my memory is not as sharp as it was.

Robert Brian, Norman Coldwell, Limbert Collins,Wilbert Collins, Robert Cook, Geoffrey Cooke, Stephen Cotterril, Christopher Dickens, Brian Dickenson, Alan Fergus, Gordon lennihan, JohnLewis, Alan Middleton, Stephen Moffat, Billy Moulds, leslie Nicholson, Brian Norris, Henry Parkin, Graham Sanderson, DavidSpencer, Alan Stone, Brian Swallow, Neil Sykes, Peter Unwin,

Barbara Antcliffe, Beryl Atter, Tina Crawford, Theresa Dring, Christine Downes,

Pauline France, Maureen Gladsby, Elizabeth Lill, Carol Loukes, Jean Menzies,

Pauline Newton, Cathleen Parker, Josephine Proctor, Andrea Smith,

Patricia Smith, Linda Smithson, Susan Stokes, Pamela Walshaw,

Hi Alan, sorry I don't remember you, I don't think we were in the same class but I know most of the kids on your list. There also was Denise Marshall.

Do you remember Mr Sysk's bamboo recorders and Mr Gambles, the headmaster, I remember him because he had no legs. Mr Bradley took over from him. By the way, I'm Christine Downs with no e.

I remember once, 1962 I think it was, all classes had to attend a special Music performance. A Lady Soprano had come to Hucklow road school to sing for us kids, we were told this was a special honour. I was sat at the back of the hall, swopping my Mars Attack cards with my mates when she set off singing. Well, I got a fit of the giggles, she was singing "Cherry Ripe" in full Soprano. Her high pitched voice just triggered something in me that set me off laughing and giggling, but at the same time I was trying to stiffle it. The music teacher was trying to keep up with her on the piano inbetween glowering at us boys, who were trying desparately not to laugh but to no avail. Once i started to laugh i could not stop, tears were running down my face, then all my mates started to laugh as well, before long it went Global, all the classes set off laughing. The poor woman carried on as best she could but in the end stopped and glared at us like we were completely mad, her face was purple with rage. Needless to say I got done for it, but oh boy, what Happy days.

I remember it, I was there. I was the one with me fingers in me ears. We were all hauled over't coals for that one

I was there for a year between 1955 & 1956 in Miss Bentley's class then moved up to Hinde House as soon as it was built.

Here are photos opf my 1955/56 class plus whos who & one taken a year or 2 earlier of prettty much the same people.

1955/56

huckclass.jpg

Whos who

huckclassoldwho.jpg

Year or 2 earlier

huckclassold.jpg

Belgium trip with George Ridgeway 1956 or 57

belgium.jpg

WE still have a Hinde House reunion attended by those of us who started there as soon as it opened. George Ridgeway & Miss Napier still go.

John

Second row from front next to Stuart is Michael Sawiski .

I was there for a year between 1955 & 1956 in Miss Bentley's class then moved up to Hinde House as soon as it was built.

Here are photos opf my 1955/56 class plus whos who & one taken a year or 2 earlier of prettty much the same people.

1955/56

huckclass.jpg

Whos who

huckclassoldwho.jpg

Year or 2 earlier

huckclassold.jpg

Belgium trip with George Ridgeway 1956 or 57

belgium.jpg

WE still have a Hinde House reunion attended by those of us who started there as soon as it opened. George Ridgeway & Miss Napier still go.

John

I'm sorry to report that George Ridgeway passed away 2/3/13 aged 83.

RIP George.

also sad to announce terry newman passed away aged 78,on wed mornin. R.I.P tets!