Hucklow Road School

I've remembered the name of the dinner lady - Mrs Wilson - AKA Williebags!

I went to hucklow road from '55ish to 61 I remember Mr Sisk also remember Mrs Smith if you had a loose tooth she used to pull them out also remember mrs Cornthwaite aka cornflake some mention a lad called Frost at hinde house I think his first name was Tony I lived behind hucklow road on Calder way our garden ran down to the school so my sister and I had great fun looking for lost balls after rounders matches.

Hi,

Anyone go to Hucklow Road School in Firth Park in the 50's?

Thanks

I went there from 1952 to 1958. Then on to Hinde House.

Hi,

Anyone go to Hucklow Road School in Firth Park in the 50's?

Thanks

I was there for a year between 1955 & 1956 in Miss Bentley's class then moved up to Hinde House as soon as it was built.

Here are photos opf my 1955/56 class plus whos who & one taken a year or 2 earlier of prettty much the same people.

1955/56

huckclass.jpg

Whos who

huckclassoldwho.jpg

Year or 2 earlier

huckclassold.jpg

Belgium trip with George Ridgeway 1956 or 57

belgium.jpg

WE still have a Hinde House reunion attended by those of us who started there as soon as it opened. George Ridgeway & Miss Napier still go.

John

Edited by johnpm

me aunty joan(ann newman) were there about then!

thankyou very much for the pictures but i do not recognise them i was there in 1950 to 1955 i had a teacher called miss Toes and miss Pitt has anyone any pictures of these classes

Was there from 1954-61. Was in Miss Toes class at some stage. Also Mrs Farmer, Mr Sysk, possibly Miss Pitt and cant remember any more.

I was there late 50's early 60's. Certainly remember Miss Toes, I was in her class and she made it her mission to change me from writing with my left hand to writing with my right, she never succeded and my handwriting is still a mess.

Was also in Mr Sysk's class as well as Miss Carding-Wells, Headteacher was Mr Bradley who was a big music lover who I believe was one of the main reasons why I also have such a love of music

anyone remember philip & chris dickens?

I remember once, 1962 I think it was, all classes had to attend a special Music performance. A Lady Soprano had come to Hucklow road school to sing for us kids, we were told this was a special honour. I was sat at the back of the hall, swopping my Mars Attack cards with my mates when she set off singing. Well, I got a fit of the giggles, she was singing "Cherry Ripe" in full Soprano. Her high pitched voice just triggered something in me that set me off laughing and giggling, but at the same time I was trying to stiffle it. The music teacher was trying to keep up with her on the piano inbetween glowering at us boys, who were trying desparately not to laugh but to no avail. Once i started to laugh i could not stop, tears were running down my face, then all my mates started to laugh as well, before long it went Global, all the classes set off laughing. The poor woman carried on as best she could but in the end stopped and glared at us like we were completely mad, her face was purple with rage. Needless to say I got done for it, but oh boy, what Happy days.

Hi Firparnian, I went from 57 to 62, same dates? Definately the same teachers. Wasn't Mr Howe a bit keen on Miss Carding-Wells? I thought Miss Martin was the headteacher of the infants. Wasn't Mr Bradley the headteacher of the juniors?