English Steel (British Steel) 1960's

Does anyone remember Ambrose Parker & Mick Cree who worked in the South machine shop??

Does anyone remember Ambrose Parker & Mick Cree who worked in the South machine shop??

worked with ambrose (pam) parker we worked on a double ended lathe in c bay

about 1969/70,last saw him in morrisons earlier this year still good friends.Mick Cree and I use to catch the 103 bus together when he lived in the Frechville area,later worked with his dad harry at firth browns good memories of happy times and good friends my best regards to all who remember me Kevin Eason

i worked with both pam and mick in the south shop ,i started in south shop in about 1971,i used to go down town with them on friday nights i think it was ,always ended up in tiffanys.

hi anyone work in the die shop at River Don about 1965/6 until 1972 remember anyone called Geoffrey/jeffrey Hunt any information of his where abouts or how to contact him would be very much appreciated

Hi Eason.kevin

Do you remember a Roy Pollard who worked as a Die Sinker?

Hi Dad worked in the same workshop as a Miller.

Happy Days! PopT

Hi Eason.kevin

Do you remember a Roy Pollard who worked as a Die Sinker?

Hi Dad worked in the same workshop as a Miller.

Happy Days! PopT

hi remember the name but it was along time ago,other names I recall Roger Hickman (my cousin sadly no longer with us) Mick Cull who now runs afruit & veg stall in the market,Tony Parkin who I haven,t seen for years and a lad called Bill Pickering,we all went through the training shop together around 1964/65

Anyone remember John Croft who worked at Firth Brown until 1975?

I worked at English Steel 1956 to 1962, Byron Revitt was a guy I new. He was an apprentice Moulder under Rotherm Sam and Bazz also Joe Coleman and Allan.Coleman used 1/4 of loose tea in his mashing can then two spoons of fussells milk to sweeten it. I played football with Ambrose Parker (Pamm) at Norton Woodseats Dronfield, he had big motorbike scared me to death when he gave me a lift home. Good footballer was Pamm, scary when kicking a dead ball, I have not seen either in 50 years and it brings back memories when I read Vera Parker posts thank you.

I worked at English Steel 1956 to 1962, Byron Revitt was a guy I new. He was an apprentice Moulder under Rotherm Sam and Bazz also Joe Coleman and Allan.Coleman used 1/4 of loose tea in his mashing can then two spoons of fussells milk to sweeten it. I played football with Ambrose Parker (Pamm) at Norton Woodseats Dronfield, he had big motorbike scared me to death when he gave me a lift home. Good footballer was Pamm, scary when kicking a dead ball, I have not seen either in 50 years and it brings back memories when I read Vera Parker posts thank you.

Hello again this Is (Pam) Ambrose Parker Just read the above but I am intriged to find out your actual name. As you say many years have passed and would be nice to find out who you are, Merry Christmas. Hope to hear from you again.

Anyone remember Jeff Edwards?? He may have been at Firth Vickers and Shepcote Lane but may have had dealings with the other companies. Anyway, he's 92 and lives in Stranraer. And he's just back from a month in Madeira.

Does anyone remember a well known character Dennis Dixon who was a Crane Driver in the River Don Stamp Shop at the Milford Street end of the Works.

He did more deals in a day selling than most salesmen did in a week.

Happy Days! PopT