English Steel (British Steel) 1960's

I love reading these threads, reminds me of my dad (Jack Bishop) he was a welder and worked at British Steel and Cravens at Darnall. He met my mum there (Elsie Lawton)

I think my dad worked at the place that is now Meadow Hall.

hope someone remembers.

my grandfather was in the chemical labs during the 60s Gordon Melvin any photos out there thanks

my grandfather was in the chemical labs during the 60s Gordon Melvin any photos out there thanks

I have some photo's of works socials which I think were taken at the Phoenix Rooms???

Very big crowds but no names, so if you don't recognize the person they are not much help.

I have some photo's of works socials which I think were taken at the Phoenix Rooms???

Very big crowds but no names, so if you don't recognize the person they are not much help.

hi I would be interested to see the pics would you be happy to email them to me?

Worked in Bar Mill offices 1960, progress chasing. Training shop every Tuesday and day school once a week, held at a Woodseats school until Granville College was opened when we were the first lot there. The ESC swimming club was Monday evenings at Sutherland Road baths. The training shop instructor was pipe-smoking Mr.Tavener who had a habit of getting too close and leaning against us when he was showing us how to use the lathes etc. (!) Can only remember one other name from the training shop which I think was David Bilson, all school leavers at the time so we were all aged 16.

Does anyone remember Harry Booth who was a Miller working in the West Machine Shop and then an iinstructor and later manager of the Training Shop at the River Don Works?

Happy Days! PopT

Anyone remember Jeff Edwards (1950/60's). He was senior management. He's 93, lives in Stranraer and visits Madeira for a couple of months a year.

Hello again this Is (Pam) Ambrose Parker Just read the above but I am intriged to find out your actual name. As you say many years have passed and would be nice to find out who you are, Merry Christmas. Hope to hear from you again.

eyup pam, how are you ,brian wise here, ken holmshaw has just been over for holiday, also saw mick cree a few years ago in sheffield .

Edited by malagablade
missed words out

Worked in Bar Mill offices 1960, progress chasing. Training shop every Tuesday and day school once a week, held at a Woodseats school until Granville College was opened when we were the first lot there. The ESC swimming club was Monday evenings at Sutherland Road baths. The training shop instructor was pipe-smoking Mr.Tavener who had a habit of getting too close and leaning against us when he was showing us how to use the lathes etc. (!) Can only remember one other name from the training shop which I think was David Bilson, all school leavers at the time so we were all aged 16.

Hey my Dad was Called David Bilson and he used to work in factories and such at a young age, hmmm wonder if it's the same David?

Some Die shop names around 1960

Syd Mason Forman

Ernest ? Chargehand(secretary of die shop football team and shop steward)

Roy Kilner Marking out

Frank Crossley Marking out

Walt Sherratt Marking out

Ron Taylor Marking out

Derek Tingle Marking out

David Holgate Marking out

Danny Hill Die sinker

Pete Mortimer Driller

? Wilson Forman on turners or millers

memory not so good i can see faces but names not forth comming

can any one add to this list, or have any memories.

Hi

did you know my cousin called Roger Hickman who was die shop around that time, also looking for an old friend of mine who worked in die shop around 1965/1969 his name was Geoff Hunt have not heard or been in touch since 1970 any info on his where abouts would be greatly appreciated

sorry neither of the names ring a bell, mostly christian names were used. I left

the die shop in1962.