Why no pork gravy?

All instant gravy should be banned on the grounds that it's a gloopy concoction of chemicals.

Make your own from the cooking juices. It will taste a lot better and you will know what is in it.

All instant gravy should be banned on the grounds that it's a gloopy concoction of chemicals.

Make your own from the cooking juices. It will taste a lot better and you will know what is in it.

Which would be a gravy, as opposed to an instant one, I agree.

The other reason is that pork is extremely lean, and so gives off little fat. Chicken tends to give off little but water too. It's the fat which gives the sauce/jus/gravy, along with the bits of meat left behind.

A vegetable 'stock' with good condiments will always make a good vegetarian gravy though if you've no other juices to use, when reduced. Henderson's is an obligatory ingredient.

Of course you can make gravy with pork!

See here

How the bloody hell did you do that link! :huh:

I've still not figured out how to do links whatsoever ... never mind clever stuff like that! :help:

on a similer note why dont they do fish PASTIES?

they do fish cakes, pies, patties etc etc not fish pasties tho theyre always stuff like cornish, cheese and onion, mince etc?

Salmon en croute

As said Knorr do pork i got some in Heron this week 3 packs for a pound.

its them damn muslims again, come over here banning our pigs

:hihi::hihi: im in tears of laughter here, i cant even manage to explain to my hubby why im laughing :hihi::hihi:

why isnt there a pork gravey????:P

Because it's "gravy"?

As said Knorr do pork i got some in Heron this week 3 packs for a pound.

Trying to make sense of this post;

So far as I can tell you've bought three packets of heroin for a quid from Poundland!? :huh:

What's this got to do with pork gravy? :huh:

on a similer note why dont they do fish PASTIES?

they do fish cakes, pies, patties etc etc not fish pasties tho theyre always stuff like cornish, cheese and onion, mince etc?

I've had a fish pasty when I lived in Cornwall cooked by an old lady in Pendeen, in fact there is a fish pie cooked in Mousehole on Tom Bawcocks eve called Stargazey Pie.

"Stargazy pie is a Cornish dish made of baked pilchards, covered with a pastry crust. The pilchards are arranged with their tails toward the centre of the pie and their heads poking up through the crust around the edge, so that they appear to be gazing skyward.

The dish originates from the village of Mousehole in Cornwall, and is traditionally eaten during the holiday of Tom Bawcock's Eve"

Trying to make sense of this post;

So far as I can tell you've bought three packets of heroin for a quid from Poundland!? :huh:

What's this got to do with pork gravy? :huh:

Go to the shop called Heron they will sell you 3 packs of Knorr pork stock cubes for 1 pound duh !

Just been to Morrisons at Hillsbrough - they have Bisto Best Pork Gravy in stock.

In fact, the Bisto Best range is 2 for £2 at the minute...