Help to Refresh my Memory!

That's it PT yes and wasn't there an entrance on the street that ran down on the left of it? I remember going for an X.Ray there in 63 but my mate thought I was imagining it...I might forget what I did yesterday but not what I did forty years ago....:?: Just got the name wrong didn't I:?:

Yes there was a side entance to out patients

for Skippy and Joanl

Royal Hospital side entrance (Westfield Terrace):-

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?action=zoom&keywords=Ref_No_increment;MATCHES;(^| +)s22635($| +)&continueUrl=ZnJvbnRlbmQucGhwPyZrZXl3b3Jkcz1hbGwlM0JNQVRDSEVTJTNCJTI4JTVFJTdDKyUyQiUyOVJveWFsX0hvc3BpdGFsJTI4JTI0JTdDKyUyQiUyOSZhY3Rpb249c2VhcmNoJnBhZ2U9NQ==

(not sure if the link is broken, so you can search for this picture number :- s22635)

for Skippy and Joanl

Royal Hospital side entrance (Westfield Terrace):-

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?action=zoom&keywords=Ref_No_increment;MATCHES;(^| +)s22635($| +)&continueUrl=ZnJvbnRlbmQucGhwPyZrZXl3b3Jkcz1hbGwlM0JNQVRDSEVTJTNCJTI4JTVFJTdDKyUyQiUyOVJveWFsX0hvc3BpdGFsJTI4JTI0JTdDKyUyQiUyOSZhY3Rpb249c2VhcmNoJnBhZ2U9NQ==

(not sure if the link is broken, so you can search for this picture number :- s22635)

I remember that Hospital, as a child I was always intrigued by the roadsign outside which said '' Quiet please'', I always wondered how traffic could be quiet !

also if my memory serves me right Winter st hospital was a TB hospital

I worked at Winter St. hospital as a porter in the summer vacation of 1950 just before going to University. The hospital did indeed take care of T B patients.

I remember being interviewed for the job by a Mr Wall, who warned me that the man previously holding the job had been found in the potato shed in a compromising situation and that I should take care.

I don't know what the food was like, but the patients were always asking us to bring them fish and chips.

I must say I enjoyed the weeks spent at Winter Street ( they were far different from those of a summer vacation spent in a rolling mill).

commonside hospital up crookes was also a TB hospital i was in there for three months luckely i was cured I was 15 at the time Im now 74 we used to go to ellen st from school every year thats how i found out i had contacted it

The Royal Hospital was still open in 1971.

QUOTE=Jean J;6905118]also if my memory serves me right Winter st hospital was a TB hospital

I worked at Winter St. hospital as a porter in the summer vacation of 1950 just before going to University. The hospital did indeed take care of T B patients.

I remember being interviewed for the job by a Mr Wall, who warned me that the man previously holding the job had been found in the potato shed in a compromising situation and that I should take care.

I don't know what the food was like, but the patients were always asking us to bring them fish and chips.

I must say I enjoyed the weeks spent at Winter Street ( they were far different from those of a summer vacation spent in a rolling mill).

The Royal Infirmary is now tescos on imfirmary road just down from where kelvin flats used to.

commonside hospital up crookes was also a TB hospital i was in there for three months luckely i was cured I was 15 at the time Im now 74 we used to go to ellen st from school every year thats how i found out i had contacted it

There was an xray dept on Ellen st which ran off Sidney st

Yes Ellen street rings a bell too...perhaps I went there for the chest x.ray.....oh wouldn't it be great if you could just switch the brain onto rewind now and again.....we'd remember everything then wouldn't we?

Yes Ellen street rings a bell too...perhaps I went there for the chest x.ray.....oh wouldn't it be great if you could just switch the brain onto rewind now and again.....we'd remember everything then wouldn't we?

My mind is permanently in rewind - I'm living in the past. :)

I remember that Hospital, as a child I was always intrigued by the roadsign outside which said '' Quiet please'', I always wondered how traffic could be quiet !

Did you know, the "cobbles" on Division street were made from wood ( :o ) instead of stone, to deaden the noise?

It was fascinating watching the workmen digging Division street/ Devonshire street up recently when they were doing the New Retail Quarter infrastructure works and seeing the wooden cobbles instead of stone ones!

Hi joan if you went to maltby st you would have gone to ellen st it was compulsery yes winter st was another TB hospital