New building at Salmon Pastures Attercliffe

Beautiful morning, so decided to do the Five Weirs walk.

Anyway just as I wandered under Washford Bridge and up towards Salmon Pastures I glanced up to the right and saw what I thought was some minarets. I do this walk regularly and had not noticed these before, so nipped up onto Attercliffe Road, and there at the end of Warren Street, tucked behind Auto Rads and next door to Sovereign Stainless, there is a brand spanking new mosque, almost ready to move in.

Very impressive I must say, must have cost a couple of million. Glad to note that there is no recession in La La land.

Anyway, just tried to google some info on it and can't find anything. Nothing, nada, zilch, zip. Very strange.

Beautiful morning, so decided to do the Five Weirs walk.

How far did you get, was it actually all open ?

Not a Mosque, Sikh Temple afaik.

Ah, that explains why I couldn't find anything. :loopy:

Thanks to the mod for changing the title and making me seem slightly less of a plonker, although "Sikh temple" rather than just "building" would have been better.

Anyway, when you search using the correct info you can actually find out some interesting stuff:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Sikh-temple-planned-for-city39s.4629697.jp

Now, I like the mosque on Wolseley Road, but I also like the Sikh temple on Warren Road. But which one's better?

How far did you get, was it actually all open ?

Meadowhall to town by the river, back to Meadowhall by the canal.

The stretch between East Coast Road and Attercliffe Road reopened a while ago if that's what you mean?

from the article

"The new state-of-the-art temple is being built in Warren Street, Attercliffe, to accommodate South Yorkshire's growing Sikh population."

funny that, you seem to only hear people on here bang on about our growing "muslim" population

Ah, that explains why I couldn't find anything. :loopy:

Thanks to the mod for changing the title and making me seem slightly less of a plonker, although "Sikh temple" rather than just "building" would have been better.

Anyway, when you search using the correct info you can actually find out some interesting stuff:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Sikh-temple-planned-for-city39s.4629697.jp

Now, I like the mosque on Wolseley Road, but I also like the Sikh temple on Warren Road. But which one's better?

............ there's only one way to find out........FIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHHTTT!

"state-of-the-art" as in "modern", hardly seems appropriate for a religious building, surely it should be trapped a couple of centiries in the past ?

"state-of-the-art" as in "modern", hardly seems appropriate for a religious building, surely it should be trapped a couple of centiries in the past ?

well tbf it is in attercliffe

well tbf it is in attercliffe

point taken.

What a shame it wasn't open in time for Diwali... or was it? Is there a website for the gurdwara? Would LOVE to go and visit!

What a shame it wasn't open in time for Diwali... or was it? Is there a website for the gurdwara? Would LOVE to go and visit!

da wat????