New night bus services to be launched

Yes, well done, full marks.

Any enterprise can work if it is properly marketed, fulfils the need of the users and is given time.

However, this seems to have been some kind of 10% effort offering, introduced 'invisibly' in a rush to take Christmas trade, with little or no information available (unless you are prepared to search for it yourself which most people won't).

I would also question whether the fare and the routes were well thought out.

But hey, i'm sure it was given the necessary time!? :hihi:

Totally agree. This can work but they need to give it time to embed itself. Seems typically Sheffield to me; Put it on for 3 of the coldest months and when people can't afford to go out, make a Facebook group and sit back and wait for the custom. Errrr no! This needs properly marketing.....

Are these still running? Or have they been stopped

They're not running any more, although there is now an N52 bus from Hillsborough to Woodhouse.

New nightbus services every Friday and Saturday night now operating on three routes from Sheffield City Centre

- All Buses start on West Street (stop near junction with Mappin Street, across road from Wick at Both Ends)

- All buses also pick up on Leopold Street (All Bar One, opp Leopold Square)

- then routes N52 and N88 pick up on Arundel Gate, N25 at Moorfoot

- Flat fare of £2.50 single for all passengers

- Depart hourly at 00:15, 01:15, 02:15 and 03:15

- operated by Stagecoach with modern buses that are fitted with CCTV

route N25 to Greenhill Parkway

via Moorfoot, London Road, Heeley, Woodseats, Meadowhead and Low Edges

(runs same route as daytime 25 between Moorfoot and Meadowhead then as 53 route to Low Edges fire station)

route N52 to Woodhouse

via Attercliffe, Darnall and Handsworth

(runs same route as daytime Stagecoach 52 City-Woodhouse)

route N88 to Chapeltown

via Firth Park, Shiregreen and Ecclesfield

(runs same route as daytime 88 Arundel Gate to Ecclesfield but then to Chapeltown Station instead of Smithy Wood)

Details: http://www.stagecoachbus.com/NightBus%20Services.aspx

Edited by Andy C

I live in London and there are loads of night buses here and I have never seen any trouble on any of the night buses iv been on. Yeah people are a bit merry but its safe. Think night buses in Sheff are long overdue.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I wouldnt want the job of driving a bus load of innebriated folk , not this day & age. Taxi drivers get enough hassle. Poor bus drivers, i hope theyre given the choice.

From 19th November, TM Travel are launching a network of night buses. These will run Friday night into Saturday morning and Saturday night into Sunday morning. Details haven't been announced yet, I gather special fares will apply to these services. Here is a list of what has been registered:

N1 - Sheffield to Chapeltown via Hillsborough & Parson Cross

N2 - Sheffield to Newfield Green via Ecclesall & Woodseats

N3 - Sheffield to Handsworth via Crystal Peaks.

Each route will have three departures, I assume at something like 01:00, 02:00 and 03:00. All three routes start from Leopold Street.

I hope these services will be well supported and successfull and may lead to TM Travel expanding the nightbus network to serve other areas of Sheffield.

These buses should provide a reliable and affordable alternative to taxis for getting home from pubs and clubs at the weekend.

This is quite a risk young people vunerable waiting for a bus at night that might not even turn up? Given the reliability or lack of of our bus service I would stick to taxis.

Better make sure that there is no "Some people are gay get over it" slogans on the side otherwise the driver might refuse to drive.

This is quite a risk young people vunerable waiting for a bus at night that might not even turn up? Given the reliability or lack of of our bus service I would stick to taxis.

Better make sure that there is no "Some people are gay get over it" slogans on the side otherwise the driver might refuse to drive.

The buses are operated by Stagecoach, the incident involved was a First bus, in Rotherham.

The buses are also reliable and safe, have CCTV and are operated by a big reputable business whose vehicles can easily be traced back to the bus depot if there is an incident, wheareas black cabs are a much more cowboy operation.

I wouldnt want the job of driving a bus load of innebriated folk , not this day & age. Taxi drivers get enough hassle. Poor bus drivers, i hope theyre given the choice.

so far, given the lack of passengers I've seen, looks like an easy job for the drivers. Service probably won't last long though at that rate - USE IT OR LOSE IT!

Night buses run again tonight, N25 to Lowedges, N52 to Woodhouse and N88 to Chapeltown, every hour 00:15 to 03:15, operated by Stagecoach, fare just £2.50.

Board on West Street or Leopold Street (even if the bus stops are clogged up with feral black cabs as usual!)

The buses are operated by Stagecoach, the incident involved was a First bus, in Rotherham.

The buses are also reliable and safe, have CCTV and are operated by a big reputable business whose vehicles can easily be traced back to the bus depot if there is an incident, wheareas black cabs are a much more cowboy operation.

Your right then I take it back Stagecoach are reliable so thats good.

I live in London and there are loads of night buses here and I have never seen any trouble on any of the night buses iv been on. Yeah people are a bit merry but its safe. Think night buses in Sheff are long overdue.

I once went on night-bus in London. Very different to how I imagine night-bus in Sheffield.

Nor would I after last couple of nights to go by. I think something is in the water.

I wonder if the rates are different for the different routes? I doubt it, but would be interested to know.

The buses are also reliable and safe, have CCTV and are operated by a big reputable business whose vehicles can easily be traced back to the bus depot if there is an incident

When people are aggressive and intoxicated, they don't give a toss about CCTV. They don't have the ability.

wheareas black cabs are a much more cowboy operation.

Tell me more about this please. You seem to be the expert.

Board on West Street or Leopold Street (even if the bus stops are clogged up with feral black cabs as usual!)

Did you fail your badge or something?

so far, given the lack of passengers I've seen, looks like an easy job for the drivers. Service probably won't last long though at that rate - USE IT OR LOSE IT!

Easy for the drivers because there aren't many people? So what happens when there are a lot? I don't get this response in relation to what you quoted.