New night bus services to be launched

and catching the bus be a lot more safer than getting a taxi i think.

How does that work then? A taxi, which you don't have to share with drunken idiots, or a bus, where you run the risk of doing just that.

According to a certain transport enthusiast forum the night buses will have a flat fare of £2.50

If you're in a group of 3 or 4, surely a taxi would work out cheaper (and way, way quicker).

used to like it that the 120 when it ran late a couple of years back.

Try the 47/48. That always runs late, no matter what the time of day.

It’s easier and cheaper to get you home than you think.

Or half way there in my case.

you can buy day savers that cover all bus companies in leeds. surprised there isn't similar in sheffield.

There is, though a lot of First drivers seem to suffer from intermittent amnesia about it.

His name's Richard (or it was 2 years ago).

Aye,he also runs his own computer business so Ill remember to stay clear of that based on what Ive seen.

TM travel are to withdraw these 3 services from April 1st 2011.

source from : VOSA website

PB1088444/123 - T M TRAVEL LTD T/A T M TRAVEL, HALFWAY BUS GARAGE, STATION ROAD, HALFWAY, SHEFFIELD, S20 3GZ

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Sheffield, Leopold Street and Chapeltown given service number N1 effective from 01-Apr-2011.

PB1088444/124 - T M TRAVEL LTD T/A T M TRAVEL, HALFWAY BUS GARAGE, STATION ROAD, HALFWAY, SHEFFIELD, S20 3GZ

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Sheffield, Leopold Street and Newfield Green given service number N2 effective from 01-Apr-2011.

PB1088444/125 - T M TRAVEL LTD T/A T M TRAVEL, HALFWAY BUS GARAGE, STATION ROAD, HALFWAY, SHEFFIELD, S20 3GZ

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Sheffield, Leopold Street and Handsworth Road Asda given service number N3 effective from 01-Apr-2011.

Pity, but I guess they weren't doing the business.

What we need is some kind of partnership between clubs and bus companies to put on services maybe?

Thats a real shame.

We would have use them if they came by our area, but they didnt. :(

Yes, looks like the night buses are being axed due to poor passenger levels.

USE THEM OR LOSE THEM!

Depart outside Leopold Square 1am, 2am and 3am on a Friday and Saturday night, fare £2.50, to Broomhill, Crookes, Walkley, Hillsborough, Parson Cross, Ecclesfield, Chapeltown, Hunters Bar, Banner Cross, Ecclesall, Carterknowle, Woodseats, Meadowhead, Batemoor, Norton, Hemsworth, Newfield Green, Manor Top, Birley, Crystal Peaks, Woodhouse and Handsworth

Operated by TM Travel with modern, low floor, CCTV equipped buses and in my experience friendly drivers.

Edited by Andy C

i'll give this 3 months before it is withdrawn due to lack of support. there is no way sheffield can support a nightbus network, no matter how small.

:cool::cool::cool:

Looks like there doing some promo to help save the bus service

Between 25-26th of February and 4-5th of March the night service will be FREE.

:cool::cool::cool:

Yes, well done, full marks.

Any enterprise can work if it is properly marketed, fulfils the need of the users and is given time.

However, this seems to have been some kind of 10% effort offering, introduced 'invisibly' in a rush to take Christmas trade, with little or no information available (unless you are prepared to search for it yourself which most people won't).

I would also question whether the fare and the routes were well thought out.

But hey, i'm sure it was given the necessary time!? :hihi: