The waxwings are here!!

not that far then but chances are slim i bet. we have a resident owl in the woods behind us that we can hear but not see and sometimes a sparrowhawk visits.

Apparently Waxwings got this far down south last year in Windsor Great Park, I didnt actually see them myself (Not for the want of looking) but a sighting was reported on our local bird watching site recent sightings. Hope they come back this year might actually get to see them. Didnt think they came this far south but I expect I have that all wrong lol

I saw hundreds last year in the trees outside the small Tescos on Broadfield/abbeydale road. A wonderful sight.

Had a whole flock in a tree in the back garden last winter, tried to take a photo but it was rubbish.

Same here in Walkley. Right outside our window. Managed to get a blurred photo through the glass but as soon as I opened the window to get a clear shot they were off.

They've been seen along Manchester Road in Crosspool quite recently. I've seen them a couple of times but never in my own garden as I don't have anything with berries on it. I did however have a Great Spotted Woodpecker drumming in my willow tree this lunchtime!

We get waxwings here too though I haven't seen any this winter yet.

Looking out my window now at the bird feeder, there's a gang of chickadees and juncos. The blue jays chase them away every now and again.

Sitting on the 51 this morning during a 50 minute journey that usually takes 25 when I spotted some waxwings in a tree outside the Cream cafe in Broomhill. Cheered me up somewhat !! I was still late for work though :-( I wanted to point them out to the other passengers but they'd have thought I was mad!

Feb 2012

Any waxwings been seen?????

Saw some waxwings on Empire Road this afternoon, about 4pm! A flock of about 30 or so feasting on berries in a tree.

That's great

Please send them over to Crookes :hihi:

Saw some waxwings on Empire Road this afternoon, about 4pm! A flock of about 30 or so feasting on berries in a tree.

Excellent! I've been looking out for these as well. Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

That's interesting because I thought I heard some in Broomhill about 2 weeks ago. I thought it was unlikely to be them but probably was. Shame I couldn't see them