The waxwings are here!!

More in Waitrose car park this lunchtime and a small flock over Greystones Road

I spotted about 30 waxwings in the trees outside St Luke's Hospice yesterday afternoon. :)

Just been watching a flock of about 50 in the trees in the car park area of Hoole Street, Walkley. But they've just flown off at 13.30.

Saw a few in Graves park this morning, wished I had my camera with me.

50 or more seen in the rowen trees in Broomhill outside Creme cafe- it looks like they are everywhere if you just look up:)

50 or more seen in the rowen trees in Broomhill outside Creme cafe- it looks like they are everywhere if you just look up:)

Yeh, I was there yesterday.

Went upstairs and got a really close up view of the flock. It's a beautiful thang!!!

Flock of about 50 flying over Walkley Lane a couple of hours ago.

10 waxwing sitting on the aerials above the offices on Furnival Street, city centre, plus 4 thrushes on the roof (fieldfare, I think) and hundreds of geese flying north over the city. Why would they be flying north?

10 waxwing sitting on the aerials above the offices on Furnival Street, city centre, plus 4 thrushes on the roof (fieldfare, I think) and hundreds of geese flying north over the city. Why would they be flying north?

Many geese come here in Winter then fly back to Iceland/Greenland/Canada in the Spring, it's a bit early for them to be going back now though.

Came across a flock of about 50+ of these birds last Saturday (12/02/11). Truly beautiful looking Birds.

Link to some pics here:

A couple of Sundays ago I was out by Padley Chapel and saw upwards of 50 in the trees by the railway line.