Vibration in left foot

For the past few weeks I've had this strange buzzing/vibrating sensation in my let heel. Best way to describe it is like a cat purring, 1 to 2 seconds of vibrating, repeated every 2 to 3 seconds. There's no pain with it, just very annoying when I'm trying to get to seep.

Anybody else had this?

I was just about to start a thread on this, then saw this.

I too have a buzzing sensation in my foot, best description it's like having your phone in your pocket and you can feel it vibrating.

For the last 3 months I've had back pain in the lower part, after about 8 weeks this then moved into the left buttock where it's been ever since - sciatica but pain killer have not had any effect so I have bore with it.

I'm active and do a lot of walking, from what I've read about the buzzing/ vibrating feeling in the foot, it seems to be some nerve disorder or damage in the lower part of your/ my back best thing to do is get it checked out, that's what I'll be doing when the GP surgery re opens on Monday.

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 13:50 ----------

Lol just realised the post above mine is 2 years old.

I'm active and do a lot of walking, from what I've read about the buzzing/ vibrating feeling in the foot, it seems to be some nerve disorder or damage in the lower part of your/ my back best thing to do is get it checked out, that's what I'll be doing when the GP surgery re opens on Monday.

Please give the forum an update when you do.

Best thing for sciatica in our house is turning the mattress or getting a new mattress, sorts it out every time, straight away.

I get this in my heel sometimes, due to Arthritis in my lower back, like someone's said its damage to a nerve

Turning the bed or buying a new mattress worked for us re Sciatica too!

Bizarrely I've had the same thing - vibration-like feelings that started in my leg but then spread to other muscles as well. Comes and goes intermittently. Went to the doctor and he sent me for a back X-ray which revealed nothing. Unfortunately looking on the web reveals that this sort of peripheral neuropathy can be a symptom of anything from the trivial (stress, trapped nerve and so on) to the serious (MS, even coeliac disease). Mine seems to be getting better and I don't fancy having hundreds of tests to see if they can find out what it is, so I'm letting sleeping dogs lie for now.

Aye, I used to have the same vibration, but in my great toe. Lower back problem was the cause.

Angel.

vibrating left foot syndrome ............... remember this been discussed on the forum before.

I was just about to start a thread on this, then saw this.

I too have a buzzing sensation in my foot, best description it's like having your phone in your pocket and you can feel it vibrating.

For the last 3 months I've had back pain in the lower part, after about 8 weeks this then moved into the left buttock where it's been ever since - sciatica but pain killer have not had any effect so I have bore with it.

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 13:50 ----------

Lol just realised the post above mine is 2 years old.

Are you diabetic ?

Are you diabetic ?

No I'm not a diabetic, I'm presuming its down to current back problem, I'm hoping as everything moves downward that its on its way out.

No I'm not a diabetic, I'm presuming its down to current back problem, I'm hoping as everything moves downward that its on its way out.

The vibrating sensation in your foot sounds as though it's related to the sciatica .

I believe that the best way to treat sciatica is to keep active in conjunction with taking some painkillers - if you do a search on SF I think you will find a thread with details of the exercises which may benefit you whilst you are in pain.

Regards.

The vibrating sensation in your foot sounds as though it's related to the sciatica .

I believe that the best way to treat sciatica is to keep active in conjunction with taking some painkillers - if you do a search on SF I think you will find a thread with details of the exercises which may benefit you whilst you are in pain.

Regards.

Cheers I will look into that